92-95 pickup grille differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I was trying to pick up a grille for a 92-95 yota pickup at the local pick-a-part to make a TEQ badge for but had no luck. I was told that I could find a repop on ebay in the $35-50 range. After some time searching on ebay it seems like the 2wd grille is different than the 4wd grille. Is that correct? Is the middle section with the sombrero the same? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm seeing 2 different part numbers.

so I was able to do a little research and got my answer. The 4wd and 2wd grilles are definitely different. I found pics of each and they are quite different. Now I need to know if the actual sombrero emblem is the same size on both. If it has the same part number then I'm good.

I believe they are different grills. You can put the 2wd center section in a 4wd with no problems. Seen it done quite a few times. I also think the emblem is the same.

On a side note try finding a billet grill. I hit a deer with mine. I can't find replacements anywhere. I think I have a very rare one. Can't post pics yet. :(

The Sombrero is the same for 92-95 pickup/4Runner all.

EDIT> 4Runner /4wd pickup have a common emblem.
2wd truck has a different emblem.

Last edited:
pictures?? :)

I picked up a grille off a 95 4WD pickup. The grille and emblem seem to match the 4Runners as well. I should have a TEQ badge made for that grille in the next day or two. I hope to have them available on my website by this weekend. These will be for the 92-95 4Runners and 4WD pickups. Once I get a good size batch done I will focus on tracking down the 2WD grille. Pics will be coming soon. If you want to get an idea on what I do then check out my website. Link is in my sig. If there are any pickup guys or 4Runner guys that would like me to build cupholders for your Yotas like I did the 80 series guys then let me know. I would need a loaner center console for a few days.

I have a prototype of the 92-95 4WD pickup/4Runner all done. It fits perfect on my grille, but I ran into a problem. I realized that the grille I have is an ebay repop. It says made in Korea and the part numbers don't match the Toyota part number. I'm pretty sure it should still fit, but I need to make sure on a genuine Toyota grille. Anyone willing to help me test fit one? I can ship it to them for the cost of the plastic and shipping. Shoot me a PM if interested.
If it doesn't fit perfect, I will keep sending them updated prototypes until we get it perfected for no extra cost. I have a black/silver and red/silver done and ready to ship. Here's what I have. Sorry about the pics. The lighting sucks.

I forgot to add; the "sombrero" emblem and the black mounting plate behind it have to be removed for this badge to fit. I also decided to not use tabs since the recessed area on the grille does a great job centering it. I am using 3M automotive adhesive strips on the back which are way more than enough sufficient to hold that emblem on there for many years.

Send me a red one and I'll see if it will go into a 2wd grille.

So I sent cruiserdan an emblem to test fit on a factory grille. If he verifies it's a perfect fit, then I will get these up for sale on my website asap. I have had a few requests and just need to make sure all is good before they go up for sale. thanks for being patient.

What about grills that say Toyota across them? Do you make a generic one that you put in a corner or something? I just got a grill out of a 92 4runner for my 91 pickup, that had the billet grille.

I have made those for the 80 series guys but I have not made a "Toyota" badge for anything else yet. that is on the list but I have about a dozen projects in front of it.

I just received the emblem and it is too large to fit in the 92-94 2wd grille. It is a beautiful example by the way.

I need to get an OEM 4wd grille in hand to confirm fit.

I just received the emblem and it is too large to fit in the 92-94 2wd grille. It is a beautiful example by the way.

I need to get an OEM 4wd grille in hand to confirm fit.
I kind of figured it would not fit on a 2 wheel drive grille since it has a different part number. I test fit it on an eBay knockoff four-wheel-drive grill.hopefully it will be a perfect fit for the OEM four-wheel-drive grill and the oem 4runner grille.

Apparently my website was showing "out of stock" on these badges. Not really sure why since I have 6 in stock. Not even sure how long it has shown out of stock. I corrected it this afternoon. Sorry about that.

How I did mine.

unnamed_5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom