Getting redirected to app downloads? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
Iphone 5c
Google chrome browser
I seem to get redirected when I first open a thread. It is almost always an app type thing wanting me to download the Lyft app. It does not happen with any other site. Actaully scrolling though here looking for a solution it happened but it went to world of war games or whatever that SI model is promoting.

Likely an issue with the Tapatalk plugin....just updated it this week...will check settings

Thanks Woody.
This part of the redirect
image.jpg

Sorry to bug but this one happened a couple minutes after the one above. Could be me?
image.jpg

got me this morning...when I settle tonite, I'll contact my last possible problem

It's been happening to me too. Iphone 5c safari, not even clicking anything. Only this site.

Can I get a screen shot when it occurs? Blindly searching when the site serves 10m monthly ad impressions is an exercise in futility...

I've been chasing a few ad oddities over the past week...keep thinking I have them licked, only to get caught again...

The "issue" requires you click the ad...obviously, you won't...but use your BACK button to close the popup and you should then see the remnants of the ad in one of the two position...screen shot that.

I'm again browsing through the 161,000 possible ads that have recently served on the site to see if I can manually catch the culprit...I've already added the domains noted to my block lists, but there is likely a front-end domain causing the issue and redirect.

Last edited:
slimspots .com just got me...will add to my blocked domain list

This one is still happening then it switches to scarware saying I have the tap snake virus and prompts to download an app to get rid of it. It's bs but annoying.

i've spent a few hours today reviewing ads...without a screen shot, there is little I can do to chase it down.

Hasn't happened today. You may have caught it. I'll try to get screenshots if it recurs. Would it be more helpful to see the pages or the history entries?

Considering I've reviewed thousands of already-served ads today, blocked a dozen or more "questionable" domains and permanently blocked a bunch of ads as well, it's possible it has been caught.

If it appears, use your browser "back" button then get a screen shot...the offending ad is likely obvious.

Thanks for any assistance :)

Considering I've reviewed thousands of already-served ads today, blocked a dozen or more "questionable" domains and permanently blocked a bunch of ads as well, it's possible it has been caught.

If it appears, use your browser "back" button then get a screen shot...the offending ad is likely obvious.

Thanks for any assistance :)
As of this afternoon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom