Any reviews of AT&T Passport in Baja? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

leucadiacruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
We're heading down to Baja in a couple weeks and I was looking at the AT&T Passport plan that came out last fall. A fee of $30 for 30 days seems like a good deal and Mexico is on the list of countries on the plan (so is all of Central America, for that matter). Just wondering if you have experience with the small print that I'm hopefully not missing. I'm not worried about coverage - the whole purpose of getting down there is to get out of communication range- but wouldn't mind having the ability to call north if the need arises and of course use the 'Mud app for RTH when my PHH goes out in the middle of nowhere. Anyone tried the Passport Plan?

Isn't voice like $1/min? If you have an unlocked phone, could you buy a local SIM card?

I got it when I went to Canada last summer. I was able to tell them dates so I didn't have to remember to call and cancel it when I came back. Another thing to could do would be to use Skype (free) or FaceTime if you happen to find wifi but that may be hard in Baja.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom