Electronic F & 2F Distributors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am interested in a distributor for my '78 FJ40.

I first tried to get the a copy of the documentation that comes with it but I guess there isn't any or not available in a PDF. Next I tried to confirm the install for this year.

So I guess I'll ask at large, is it only connected to the coil? The igniter and any resistor is not used.

Thx for help - Bill

Sorry, just saw the Docfire post, guess that is the install documentation.

I am interested in a distributor for my '78 FJ40.

I first tried to get the a copy of the documentation that comes with it but I guess there isn't any or not available in a PDF. Next I tried to confirm the install for this year.

So I guess I'll ask at large, is it only connected to the coil? The igniter and any resistor is not used.

Thx for help - Bill

Just finished installing a trollhole dizzy in my 2/78 and it has a resistor wire between the ignition switch and passenger side firewall, this means that there is no 12+ volt wire in the area. I spliced into the ignition before the resistor wire under steering column and i now get full 12+ volts to the dizzy. I have a thread about installing it.

Per Trollhole: "On this unit all you do is pop the old one out install the new one. Connect the black wire to the negative on the coil and the red wire to the positive side of the coil. That is it. You don't use the igniter that came on some of the later 40's and you don't need the ballast resistor that came on the early models." But I still used the resistor and it runs like a charm.

Mr. Trollhole.

I would like to buy one of the distributors for my dad's 72 fj.
Do you still have them in stock?

Thank you
Yury.

Well shoot i should have just ordered one with my carb! I guess ill need one for my 77. Will it work with the stock coil?

Hey there. Just a heads up. I just sent payment for a dizzy. Under the paypal name bobjordan@comcast.net. making sure you got it ok. Thanks!

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom