New BFG KM2 Tire Sizes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just ordered five new tires. I love this thread!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
The 345s are a deal compared to the 37x12.5x17s!
Beno & Dan, Heads up new wheel order comming your way on Monday!
:beer:

Could you tell me where you bought them? THx

Tire Rack. I don't believe they had many left.
National Tire and Wheel also has them for a reasonable price and free shiping.
Hope that helps.
:beer:

finally was able to get a hold of my new set of 345 KM2's. so far the ride is excellent for a MT. official trail report and photo's should follow tomorrow, along with lift specs, any rubbing issues, and my OFFICIAL WELCOME to the mud forum with vehicle stats, etc...

topher

topher,
You'll be happy with the KM2s. I've run BFGs since they debuted radial off-road tires back in the late 70s. The KM2s are the best yet.

some pictures and specs as promised, just a couple days later :whoops:

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

So after the lift was installed i had to put in some wheel spaceers because the axle shifted over so much in the rear and i have not resleeved the panhards let to correct the shift. i personally like having the 1.5" wheel spacers in front and rear so my stance is wider, more stable, and i dont get caught sitting in Jeep ruts so much on skinny trails. the only draw back to that is crud gets flung up on the cruiser more than ever before.

I am getting just a little bit of rubbing in the rear, after some wheel well lip flattening i should be okay. same for the front but not nearly as drastic, ALL RUBBING is of course only when fully stuffed. I do have plans to lower the bump stops, only if needed after wheel well adjusting, unless my shocks are telling me otherwise on compression.

On the road these handle so nice. i'm currently running Stock gears but havent noticed a ton of power loss, granted i live in mainly flat terrain except for trail use. once i travel through the mountain trails i'm sure to notice some major snail movement. eventually i will go 5.29's to help the engine out. Braking has not been effected to much either.

Trail use is unbelievable!!! For this short quick trip to my local crawling spots, i was NOT aired down and i still grabbed on to anything that the lugs on these beasts could touch. even in the mud, WHICH I H8 MUD, the KM2's just pushed through it and i was never worried or had slipped around in. i can only imagine how much sweeter these tires are when i air down tire pressure next trip out.

Have I mentioned yet how Bad A$$ these tires are and the look so tuff on these LC's.

Thank you all for the inspiration and insight,

Topher

Bump & revive.
Any more pics of 345/75R16s?
How bout them LX450s?
2.5" lift and 1" body?

Added weight and higher ratio due to larger tire size. Sounds like a bad idea to me. I would've stuck with the 315's.

Added weight and higher ratio due to larger tire size. Sounds like a bad idea to me. I would've stuck with the 315's.

It's all about personal prefrence & how much money a man has to burn with a hobbie.
With a mild lift, 35s & stock gears you pretty much have hit the celling on stock application.
I just like the look of a 36 tire, allways have.

345/75-16 KM2 on nationwide backorder. Anyone have any leads on some locally available. BFG (Michelin) said there is no estimated production time due to lack of enough orders. It could be over a year I was told. They currently have 160 orders which is apparently not justification enough to switch over production to this tire.

345/75-16 KM2 on nationwide backorder. Anyone have any leads on some locally available. BFG (Michelin) said there is no estimated production time due to lack of enough orders. It could be over a year I was told. They currently have 160 orders which is apparently not justification enough to switch over production to this tire.

X2, would love to see some more of these produced but not holding my breath...

Just got a call directly from BFG that 315/75-16 KM2s will go into production mid March so if you want some place a backorder now. Still no date for 345's

Bump... Does anyone know if these tires are officially out of production, never to return..?! I really like the overall size and the fact I wouldn't have to replace wheels...

I was able to find one set of the 345 in the entire country about 6 months ago. Cost was unreasonable so I didn't get them. I doubt there are any available anymore. I don't think they are officially out of production because I was told that this size could be made if demand is high enough, but there is not the demand since most wheel/tire manufacturers are making stuff for 17" wheels as the smallest option for a large tire.

Makes sense.. Guess I'll wait and see, 315's are working for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom