Dissent offroad modular front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also it will bend a pretty tight radius so I should be able to follow the body lines better.
If it's anything like my JD Squared bender 32 (manual), bend radius is determined by die diameter. There's usually a couple different radius available for each size tube diameter. ;)

Just out of curiosity Benc, what size dies do you have? I've been thinking of getting a couple more different sizes for mine.

If it's anything like my JD Squared bender 32 (manual), bend radius is determined by die diameter. There's usually a couple different radius available for each size tube diameter. ;)

Just out of curiosity Benc, what size dies do you have? I've been thinking of getting a couple more different sizes for mine.
Yes it goes off center line radius.(CLR) and my old pro tools manual bender did not offer the options this one does for the dies. I have a 1 3/4" , 1 1/2" and a 1".

@benc the small stinger looks really cool! Do you plan to mock up a larger cattle guard setup that covers the headlights soon?

Sorry for the delay!
Full guard complete. I'm pretty happy with it. Let me know what you guys think.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422329063.920918.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422329092.443380.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422329108.765589.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422329127.583540.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422329141.922850.jpg

I probably missed it, but any plans in the future for making an aluminum version?

I think I prefer the elements of your first one more: the straight center vertical push bars and the middle top tube at the same height as the headlight tubes.

There's my $.02

I think I prefer the elements of your first one more: the straight center vertical push bars and the middle top tube at the same height as the headlight tubes.

There's my $.02
Really? I really like how the new design follows the grill line and kind of disappears at the center. Another reason I went with this design is a 30" light bar could be mounted under the center tube and not cover the toyota emblem. The old design looked good but it did kind of take away from the shape of the front end. I will try and get some better pics tomorrow, some of the angles look funny in these pics and do t look the same in person. But I could do yours like the first one of you prefer. It easier for me any way, haha.

@benc that is a work of art. I love every part of it.

Any thoughts about how it will work with an LX grill/hood? When liking down from the top, how much space is there between the top bar and face of the grill?

And all that tubing will bolt on/off at will??
That's a nice feature.

Are the sides of the tubing out far enough in case one wants to add side fender guards that attache from the bumper to the sliders?

@benc that is a work of art. I love every part of it.

Any thoughts about how it will work with an LX grill/hood? When liking down from the top, how much space is there between the top bar and face of the grill?
Thanks, I still need to get my hands on an lx so I can get a grill guard design nailed down. I don't think this exact design would work on an lx but I'm not a 100% sure. I will try and measure the gap tomorrow.

And all that tubing will bolt on/off at will??
That's a nice feature.

Are the sides of the tubing out far enough in case one wants to add side fender guards that attache from the bumper to the sliders?
Yes, completely bolt on.

Yes there is room for the fender guards. They will likely need to bend in slightly at the grill guard but that's normal. I will likely be adding fender guards to mine.

Well done Ben!
I hope you develop a guard that looks as good on the LX.

The LX clip cut-out you asked for should be arriving today or tomorrow.

I will try and get some better pics tomorrow, some of the angles look funny in these pics and do t look the same in person.

Deal.

It was late, the pictures were dark, and I can only see so much on the small screen that I used last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom