Spam Ads Appearing on iPhone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

klinetime574

TLCA #27404
SILVER Star
Threads
When using my iPhone 5s with Safari I was navigating the 60-Series Forum and a pop-up window appears. You're prompted to click OK to continue.

The ad says something like "you're a winner." And it then you must hit "OK" because you can't get rid of it. Then another page loads and it prompts me to take a survey...

First a pop-up, then a separate URL "http:// survey dot clothhat dot country"

Anyone else experienced this?

there have been some ongoing ad issues...I'll add that one to the growing block list...thanks for reporting and tracking the URL :)

Sadly, as mobile use grows, so do the spammers trying to break in...

No problem woody

Now another one is showing up. Same style. Different URL. Different page look.

I think I may just restore my phone or something. This could just be on my end. It just happened on a different web page too.

Looks like the 40 section got some spam posts, too.

posts should be reported so a moderator can handle them - the "report" link below the post content :) I know the first thing I check when logging in are Reports, and managing via phone or laptop is a breeze.

I did for a couple of them, but there must have been 10+.

If it's the same username, one report gets them all...I don't bother with per-thread efforts, but instead ban the account and auto-delete every post during the process.

Plus, fortunately, LOTS of members report...I'd rather have too many than none at all :)

I nabbed a screen shot this time. I have not restored my phone yet. Curious to know if this happens to anyone else?

image.jpg

I haven't had one recently, but they do happen. Impossible to avoid. I've yet to experience a single phone issue as a result, and my mobile antivirus hasn't caught anything either.

Desktop/laptop computers were the target for spammers for the past 10 years. They have new opportunities now with mobile, and a MUCH bigger audience to target. (and frankly, in many cases, a much less savvy audience...)

Mobile use has surpassed desktop/laptop, as far as time spent daily.

When using my iPhone 5s with Safari I was navigating the 60-Series Forum and a pop-up window appears. You're prompted to click OK to continue.

The ad says something like "you're a winner." And it then you must hit "OK" because you can't get rid of it. Then another page loads and it prompts me to take a survey...

First a pop-up, then a separate URL "http:// survey dot clothhat dot country"

Anyone else experienced this?

Still an issue this site keeps redirecting me: Congratulations!

Please capture a screen shot if you can....I have contracted with a 3rd party to try and block these, but will never be 100%....the screen shot is almost critical, as is the page/URL you were on when it occurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom