Interior storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
I have always found that I have a lack of storage in my FJ-60. If I keep everything in a seat bag I am always rummaging around in the bag for something.

The FJ-60 has a lot of flat surfaces and I thought why not attached Velcro backed pouches on the dash and the door. Since I had MOLLE pouches, I wanted to use them as well. A friend of mine found a cheap air soft vest on Craigslist for 20.00 and we got two. I had to cut the side panels to fit the seat but with the vest zippered and the side straps cinched down the vest fits perfectly.

dash bag.jpg
door bag.jpg
seat.jpg

Now I can carry my water bottles, have a pouch for my camera ,binos and IFAK. I also have room on the back of the seat for more storage.

You could prob strap a few pouches to that cargo barrier too.
Wire shelving mounted vertically works fairly well as an attachment point as well.
If thé velcro on the passenger side dash is held only by adhesive it may melt off after a couple hot days. I made an overhead panel using the 3M velcro and the strips started to deform after a season of heat cycles.
In my 40 I used to zip tie old army Alice clip ammo pouches in convenient places.

Last edited:
Most of the Crago barrier is convered by the watertank. That is a good point about the velcro but I am hoping the adhesive will cure and set now that is it not hot here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom