what is the easiest/quickest single stage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The paint on my truck is OK but not great at all. Lots of pin striping, hood clear pealing and roof majorly thin and faded. But with a little work the truck looks good from 20'. Especially since i intend to keep using her as a explorer and trail truck as well as a DD.

So to get to the point, i need to redo the roof. My plan is to do just spry the roof, white, off white or maybe gray. I would like it to look OK but mostly i dont want to put it off and develop rust from paint disappearing. I know i could role on some liner, but i kind of want to use regular paint. From i time point of view i would like to avoid using a complected system of base coat, color coat, clear coat with sanding between them all. I dont need "show quality paint" just good old durability. Is there any single sage type paints that i could just do a good scuff and sand, clean well and spray on a few nice coats? Since it will be on the roof i am also not as concerned with looks as much as protection of the metal.

Go to a Sherwin Williams automotive paint store and buy custom rattle cans made using the correct Toyota paint code. Cheap and looks great

Go to a Sherwin Williams automotive paint store and buy custom rattle cans made using the correct Toyota paint code. Cheap and looks great
Good idea. How well does that stuff hold up?

They are on here somewhere. CCOT website has all of them listed as well.

This is sherwin williams custom mixed paint. Is holding up well.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom