Death Valley in July (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
Are there campgrounds in Death Valley, like WildRose, that are habitable in July? Taking my boys down 395 in our RV (hopefully towing the FJ40) and thought Death Valley would be an interesting stop before 4th of July in Las Vegas.

Peter

I recollect tent only at Wild Rose. Check out Thorndike, Mahogany Flat farther up the road

I don't believe an RV will make it in to those campgrounds. Also, when I was there a few weeks ago, Emigrant canyon was closed.

Better check with the park for sure:
http://www.nps.gov/deva

Yeah...DV....July...don't do it. It just not worth the chance.

John

Okay, I'll take everyone's advice. We'll drive through if it's cool, but otherwise, we'll miss it.

Peter

It will never be "cool" in July, but if you drive through early, early in the morning it may only be about 90°.;)

U can stay at panamint springs resort. Rv friendly. Still going to be hot but it's a good base camp.

Drove through DV with the family on our way to CO several years ago in mid-August. My then seven year old son declared that we were trying to kill him when we insisted that he get out with us and take a look at the Borax mines. It was a mild 117 degrees, but hey it is dry-heat. We were all happy to get back into the 80 and the AC. The speed-sensor died later that day going through Vegas, and only came back to life when the temps dropped below 90 degrees somewhere in AZ. Having lived in a humid-hot country before, DV was hot, but much more bearable. Camping might be a bit crazy, even with a RV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom