What is my FZJ80 Worth? (Please help) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check eBay completed items. It is nationwide, it is not biased for or against only cruiser guys, and it will show you actual sales, not just asking prices.

You will get no labor costs back on the install of your goodies, lift, racks, etc. but you might get a decent percentage of the replacement cost of the parts.

I bought a 94 with lockers and 267K last year for $2500, more recently bought a 96 with 160 K for $2,000. These are desert vehicles with zero surface or other rust.
That rig with no mods and no lockers is maybe $3k IMO.
Add in what you think you can get for the lift, etc. Hope this helps.

Ive owned my truck since new in 97'. Ive kept track of every oil change, service, gas, insurance payment, maintenance and upgrade since day one. All told I have now over $130k into my truck. If I sell it or total it I will never ever in my life see even 10% of that. My point being, don't expect to get what you think its worth to you. Its what the market bears. Your market is a lot smaller than say my market. But still...

That is just about 7.2k a year to drive a very cool truck and it should last another 10 year which will bring that number down a lot .

That is just about 7.2k a year to drive a very cool truck and it should last another 10 year which will bring that number down a lot .

Exactly. Considering I now have over 332k miles on it. That's a lot of refills :p

That puts me at $2.55 per mile.

Jbee, great advice! I'll look into the sold eBay listings. Full disclosure on my rig. I Paid $2000 and put at least $6000 into it. The wheels and tires alone were almost $2000.

You got me by 17k miles! Just bought the one in my profile pic last week with 315k miles on her! Already put another 500 on her....1,200 bucks cash!
You probably have a real thought out reason to sell. An emergency or needing a fuel efficient commuter car would be good reasons. Yet, given the money you put in to it, and just how durable and reliable these rigs are, I would think you MIGHT be better off keeping it if you can especially if you are only going to get half of what you have in it.

I imagine you will need another vehicle anyway. If you can keep it just wait to paint and do further mods until $$ comes in. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom