47's HJ47 ute build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, now I need to do is get all the panels prepped for paint, get them painted, put them back together, ship it off to my very knowledgeable mechanic, get out the nasty springs and put in some now shocks, put on my tray, get a bullbar, get new rubber, get the lights and make them work, fix the few small other things that need fixing, get it registered, fill is with diesel and finally drive it. Easy right?o_O:D
That will be done in 8 weeks...

That will be done in 8 weeks...
hoping so...

DSC00675.JPG

DSC00676.JPG

You can't do the springs and shocks yourself? I reckon you could.

They're better than the ones made by Lada..

Well, my other cousin (not on here) has had hj47 for a while now. He Is going to sell it some time and he has some spare parts sitting around that I need. The problem is choosing between original split rims that are in good nick or some sunraysia rims 32's or 33's with tread. Currently I'm running 31's. what do people think? The idea is to use the ute as a daily driver and as a 4WD, towing vehicle u name it so I'm leaning towards the sunraysia's - I have thought about both...

Not a lot happening on the cruiser lately, I've just being stripping out the interior to get it ready of blasting and painting, I'll pop up some pics some time today or tomorrow...

I just put my first set of 33's on! I'll never go back. These days 33's are the new 31's and 35's and the new 33's. It just looks weird with a 31. The 33's look right at home. I'm talking about my BJ74 but it still counts. Plus you should be able to squeeze 12.5" tyres onto an 8" rim and balloon out that sidewall for the tough look :D

Love all that red iron-ore dust on everything...

Makes me think of my time in WA

:beer:

Love all that red iron-ore dust on everything...

Makes me think of my time in WA

:beer:
Mate, just you give you a small idea of how much of it there is, three plugs namely the brake, clock and filter were so full of it that once apart I could not put them back together until I had cleaned them out. Also I pulled out 54 bullet shells from the floor gutters, yes 54!

At least its not sand...

Thanks cult, I was leaning towards the 33's, but get the 33's or the 35's for the correct ones? they should fit?

I'd go 33's. If you have a 33" x 12.5" tyre on a 15" x 8" rim with a -22 offset then it should fit. It fits my BJ74 like a champ. But check, just to be certain.

As long as the pricks at Regency don't crack a sad at 33s. You're only allowed 15mm increase in tyre size. What was the o/d of the original 7.50x16s?

As long as the pricks at Regency don't crack a sad at 33s. You're only allowed 15mm increase in tyre size. What was the o/d of the original 7.50x16s?
Don't worry, I'll pull the wool over their eyes;)

I was just wondering if you clever :cookie:'s have any ideas of how to remove the handbrake shell that holds the cable and sits in the floor?
Also how do ya deal with rust holes along the front of the bonnet? as far as rust goes I reckon that is one of the harder places to fix without use'en 10L of bog?

Oh yeah, my alternator doesn't work, any ideas? I'll post some pic's sometime...

You can run 305x70rx16" which is around 33". Original light truck tyres on 16" wheels were pretty close 32"

"Sizes of the form 7.50 16, 7.00 16, 8.25x16, 750R16, 10.50 20 etc. First number is the tyre tread width in inches, the second is the rim diameter suited to the tyre. The overall height of the tyre can be simply arrived at, as the `profile' of this type of tyre is normally 100% (sidewall is as high as tread is wide). Overall rolling diameter= 2X(first number) + (second number) eg. A 7.50 16 SAT is approximately (2X7.5) + 16 = 31" tall (actually closer to 32" but you were warned)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom