Wheels that work, part numbers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just installed a set of the custom U.S. Wheels from Summit Racing, part number 70-7860-SPEC in 16x8. I ordered 3.75" backspacing, but they arrived at nearly 4" - Still fit with almost 1/2" clearance from the TREs.

I'll note that I originally asked for 3.5" backspacing, they called and told me they would have to reverse the rim for anything under 3.75, I said fine, they called back again and said they actually couldn't reverse them unless I went down to 3.25" or lower, so we went back to non-reverse at 3.75". Even including all this back-and-forth that ate up almost a week I got them in about 2 weeks from the original order.
Available here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/usw-70-7860-spec/overview/

Had them powder coated white and mounted a set of Toyo Open Country M/T in 285/75/r16 (Amazon Prime, free shipping) on my otherwise stock and saggy '84. No rubbing yet...

Imgur album here

I am so confused with the backspacing issues, I have what I think are 3.5 inch backspaced rims...they barely clear the tie rod...and don't clear the caliper...the old calipers were what cut the grooves...the backspacing for the stock wheels was 3.625....any links for 15x10 rims with the 3.625 backspacing? Here's a pic of the back of my rims now..

Bump.

Got these recently for a client. Damn, they are beautiful in all aspects.

Now, I want a set too!

IMG_6464.JPG

IMG_6465.JPG

Got a set of Pro Comp Series 51s 15x8 with 3.5bs. The passenger side fit with the closest of margins, but the driver's side rubbed the caliper. I ground down the caliper but ultimately they are too close for comfort. Looking for the thinnest spacers I can find.

Got a set of Pro Comp Series 51s 15x8 with 3.5bs. The passenger side fit with the closest of margins, but the driver's side rubbed the caliper. I ground down the caliper but ultimately they are too close for comfort. Looking for the thinnest spacers I can find.

Yeah I like those rims but heard they hit at the D ring. I'm curious of what spacer you end up with and how it works out. Keep us posted.

Yeah I like those rims but heard they hit at the D ring. I'm curious of what spacer you end up with and how it works out. Keep us posted.

Yep exactly right. The punch at the D ring is the offender. I wanted the circle ones originally, but they were a special order with 3.5bs and would take like 6 weeks to get in. They said they had the 51s in stock in that bs, so I took them.

I ended up getting 1/4 inch spacers off of Amazon and made by White Knight. Part#603-2. I'll put them on this weekend and that should do the trick.

Yep exactly right. The punch at the D ring is the offender. I wanted the circle ones originally, but they were a special order with 3.5bs and would take like 6 weeks to get in. They said they had the 51s in stock in that bs, so I took them.

I ended up getting 1/4 inch spacers off of Amazon and made by White Knight. Part#603-2. I'll put them on this weekend and that should do the trick.

Funny I heard the circle ones didn't rub but I prefer the look of D ring so I waited. Hope they work out with spacers because I may go that route.

Another Wheel Option

I just got these wheels from Discount Tire. Their called a 'Tracker' manufactured by Level 8. It's a 15x8. I'm not sure the exact back spacing (only info on this refers to offset) but its the only one they carry in this size with the 6x5.5 lug pattern. I can tell you there is loads of clearance to the caliper and no rubbing on the TRE's. They are one-piece aluminum and appear to be very well made. Available in matte black or polished.

Link to manufacturer website: http://www.level8wheels.com/wheels/tracker

I'm very happy with them so far.

Here's a couple pics with 33 x 1050 x 15 tires.

-Ed

I believe these are the wheels I just bought from Discount Tire Direct. They are a 3.25" backspacing, 15"x8" 6 on 139.7 with -30 offset BKMTXX product code is 63993, $99 each.

How much space should I have between the TRE and the inside of the wheels? The PO of the FJ62 I now own changed out the rims and tires and everything fits, but not but much. I think there's about 1/4", maybe 1/2" of room as the truck sits now. I believe the wheels are American Racing Mojave's with 33 x 10.5 BFGs.

I poored over this post for months trying to digest all the details about what 'will actually' fit. Giving up many times due to the confusion around backspacing, offset, hub centric vs lug centric etc.

I finally decided on a set of alloys from FN Wheels called the Konig Countersteer Type X. Check them out here [ http://www.fnwheels.com/new-products/konig-countersteer-type-x/ ]

These ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for Toyota trucks and fit perfect. They are hub centric and are 17x8 so they clear all the known fitment issues- including the TRE clearance headaches. Plus they look awesome in the available Anthracite (gun metal gray high gloss).

IMG_2661.JPG
IMG_2662.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG

I poored over this post for months trying to digest all the details about what 'will actually' fit. Giving up many times due to the confusion around backspacing, offset, hub centric vs lug centric etc.

I finally decided on a set of alloys from FN Wheels called the Konig Countersteer Type X. Check them out here [ http://www.fnwheels.com/new-products/konig-countersteer-type-x/ ]

These ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for Toyota trucks and fit perfect. They are hub centric and are 17x8 so they clear all the known fitment issues- including the TRE clearance headaches. Plus they look awesome in the available Anthracite (gun metal gray high gloss).

View attachment 1031752 View attachment 1031753 View attachment 1031754
@SoCalJB do you have pictures with rubber on them. I really like these wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom