Played around with some hydrographics today. No more woodgrain! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Never been a fan of it in anything except a Rolls. I started out by matching the tan as close as I could. Figured it would give a good break in the 2 tone dash. Dipped it in a standard carbon fiber. It does the job and gets rid of the woodgrain but I'm not sure I'm sold on the tan being the base. Seems to busy. I think I may match to the body color then dip it again but it may have the same outcome. Any thoughts?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422229620.751900.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422229655.640492.jpg

sweet! that looks great

I'd love to see that in the truck, very cool!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422496954.961050.jpg

Not crazy about this look but it's just for a couple days. The steering wheel is going to be a little tricky. Without being able to remove the woodgrain pieces, I'll have to seam the pattern somehow which will be a little tricky but the end result is gonna be awesome!

I just visited a place that does hydrographics the other day. Super difficult to get right. The setup isn't cheap. The results, however, are pretty amazing.

It's all in the prep work! Luckily we have a guy that's painted for over 20 years and this stuff has to be prepped since 95% of the process is paint work. He's very very meticulous. Their is definitely an art to the dipping process

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423598879.253483.jpg

Busy at the shop so personal stuff got out on hold for a little bit. Finally got the trim pieces painted this morning. Staying late after work to dip them and I'll hopefully have it all back together tomorrow if we have time. Only thing missing from this cluster is the steering wheel. It will be painted but not dipped yet. We are worried about what the leather will do once it's been dipped. It will be all taped up of course, but the tape has a reaction to the activator you have to spray on the film. Using the shift knob at the tester. Figured it'll be easier to fix that than the entire steering wheel. I'll post pics once we get it all done

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423620384.569201.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423620433.222693.jpg

Haven't cleared it yet but couldn't be any more pleased.

That looks amazing! Very impressed with the results, especially the shift knob!

that looks great, sometimes i think the cf is over done and can make a vehicle look ricey, but here it looks factory and is fitting as i could see a lexus getting cf from the factory, so i say keep it

That is simply awesome. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom