cult45's 45 recovery and remobilisation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I guess I'll find out.. Either way it's an F saved!

Okay, so this is not an update, buuuuuuuuutttttttt, I found this. From what I can see the owner/builder is a classic muscle car guy too and has modelled his 45 from an HK Monaro. It's probably Monaro white and red with chrome bumpers [I'd like to see the rims]. But the interior is where it shines. Interior trim is period-correct HK colour and stitching pattern! Dash pad too! stock HK GTS wheel on 45 column! Chrome shifters bent as per HK Monaro! Probably with period-correct knobs! And of course that ol' 350 with the finned rocker covers, the factory air-cleaner and polished brackets.

Oh, and Toyota's famous 'Oh What A Feeling!' advertising campaign!

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 9.12.37 am.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 9.11.50 am.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 9.12.14 am.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 9.12.03 am.png

That is one friggin nice 84 hj47 cult. few things are not quite right though... like the window winders-they are to far down (presuming the window is fully up?) for sale? or have you nicked it?

That ute has been around for years it was for sale about 4years ago

47 the winders can clip back on in any orientation you like, it's just a spline with a c-clip. As chappo said it was for sale years ago. I just found it whilst drooling (and batting off) to 45's on the interwebs. Recall what it went for chappo?

A lot of $$$

I'd say so. I betcha it's got 60 series axles under it.

Hello ;)

image.jpg

Henry she's a low comp '74 model F running a horrible Holley. 100 pounds +/- across all pots. It runs like a champ he reckons but he never drove it, only idled it, cause his 40 had no brakes. He gave it to me, including three tyres to sit it on and a bunch of rope to tie it down. I felt bad cause he had a hard time pulling it out and so I emptied my wallet and that pretty little number was mine for the princely sum of $35. Next time I'm down that way I'll have to drop him a slab. Oh and and he threw in the original crank handle! And a kit for the Holley.

I see the future so brightly now, gonna run oz's 2F with this rocker cover (so the nostalgic F feel remains) and over time (when I buy a house) I'll have a crack at slipping the crank from this later F into my early F and slot that engine home where it belongs!

greasy old engine of unknown quality. my favourite!

Plus three bald tyres and some Telstra rope!

But wait, buy now and we'll include a rebuild kit for something you don't really want! - said in my best tv salesman voice.

Nice score, if nothing else you've got a spare fuel and water pump.

47 the winders can clip back on in any orientation you like, it's just a spline with a c-clip. As chappo said it was for sale years ago. I just found it whilst drooling (and batting off) to 45's on the interwebs. Recall what it went for chappo?
yep, I did read up on lostmarbles thread about that kind of thing awhile ago... it was so hard to find anything wrong with it...

Cult
Old mate rang on Thursday regarding picking up the engine but I was out of town on another landcruiser mission. He is going to give me a call next time he's in Coffs so hopefully we can get it up to you soon.

Oz old son it's all good. We'll sort it mate. How's tricks down Coffs way?

Alright @ozcrusier old mate? Well I did my own comp test on that $35 F and it came up 90's and 110's. With a bit of oil it should bump them all above the 100 mark, maybe the 110+ if I get lucky. Which means I reckon I'm gonna chuck it in. If you're still willing to ditch the 2F I'll grab it cause I don't know how long this one'll hold together, but in the mean time I've had this truck for nigh on seven months and driven it once! Time to get livin' I say! Hopefully that doesn't screw you around too much.

Which means @84TROOPY and @sneaky how are you blokes placed for Saturday the 14th February?

All good mate the 2f is safe until its picked up or I deliver what ever comes first. Fingers crossed on the F engine being a good one. :)

Well if I get the F underway old mate then I'll be able to grab the 2F myself ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom