I'm back with another big block, doubler, one ton build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Donor found. Thanks Esh!

DSC_0161_zpsz1tzo0uf.jpg

DSC_0167_zpsknqntllw.jpg

DSC_0163_zps5kvzl3ut.jpg

DSC_0166_zps2upr4pqi.jpg

DSC_0162_zpsxlvd874r.jpg

DSC_0164_zpsxibl2by5.jpg

DSC_0165_zpsyrjjr6qw.jpg

Not a bad idea... Do you know a good place?

I can't say I do in the Portland area but keep in mind it won't be cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if it set you back at least $1,000. It is kind of a pay now or pay later situation with body work. Sand paper and paint stripping supplies can add up fast as well as man hours sanding. If you value your time at even the low rate of $25 a hour you can see how it could be worth it because sanding takes time even with a air sander. It also depends how nice you want it to be. It depends on if you want it really nice and shiny or just one color and easily touched up after dragging it across rocks and trees. With the large flatish panels it can be easier to hand sand. You also have to worry about warpage depending on how experienced the shop is with cars and what type of media. A compromise may be to have the hard to sand places like door jambs, engine compartment and rusty areas like rockers and such blasted.

hmmm... cheap and simple is theme for this build (at least at this point). I'll probably invest in some sand paper. I'm going for "good from far, far from good" for the paint.

I've got no problem with another white 60 if that's the color you want to go with. Yours will still look and sound different than mine even if it's white. In the future I'd like to monstaliner mine and will stick to white.

WOW this is coming together fast....
As far as the color just keep it a flat rattle can color...
Camo anything...
Thats what i will do to mine.
KISS keep it simple...

I'll definitely be following this build. your blue rig was the reason I bought a cruiser in the first place

Wow, that's cool. Thanks!

Has anyone ever used one of the painless wiring kits on a 60? Is their a model specific harness out there? I'm playing with the idea with tearing out the old crusty harness.

Minor update. Found some decent bead locks locally for a great deal. Race line monsters.

Now I have to find a welder again... Sold off my miller 252 about the same time as the blue cruiser. Anyone have an opinion on the new Lincoln 210 mp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom