They are about gone... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As of this afternoon we have two new ones left.

It's now a collector's item!

We have one left. Cement with an automatic.

We have one left. Cement with an automatic.

I doubt if that one will appeal to a Mafia guy, unless he's buying it for a "friend."

:lol:

Sad but volume is the name of the game for Toyota.

Sell ~13k FJCs or over 400k Camrys??? Makes a lot more business sense to focus on the Camrys.

Camry sales.jpg

Perhaps one of the issues is how does a manufacturer update a retro vehicle? Do they make it more
or less retro? Fords retro "Thunderbird" was a good example of this issue. Their potential customers (those who probably owned a Thunderbird back in the day) were attracted to the retro version but once that group had bought their cars, the customer base dried up. I believe the FJCruiser suffered from the market forces.

FJC was always a niche vehicle, and it appears from the get go the corporate plan was a limited shelf life ... they made changes in 2010 but not enough to resurrect the initial buzz and attract new owners ... not enough for me at least to consider letting my 07 go ... too bad, but life goes on ...

Jim Norton Toyota in Tulsa, OK has a 2014 TT in stock for sale as of 7pm on 12/30/14. I know because I bought the other one they had about 2 hours ago for my wife. I drive an FJ200 but I'm digging her new ride! The patriot blue with white grill just makes it perfect for that retro look it's supposed to have anyways IMO
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1419988503.198603.jpg

I like the way they dropped the white roof and went with body color on the last year or two's model run. I have mixed feelings on the white roof. It was a styling key to establish kinship with the FJ40, except it clearly was not when I checked one out. Going with body color just seemed to finally make it it's own truck. It's good for what it is, not because it's a pseudo-40.

I really liked the shade of the green ones the last couple of years, too.

Enjoy.:grinpimp:

I like the way they dropped the white roof and went with body color on the last year or two's model run. I have mixed feelings on the white roof. It was a styling key to establish kinship with the FJ40, except it clearly was not when I checked one out. Going with body color just seemed to finally make it it's own truck. It's good for what it is, not because it's a pseudo-40.

I really liked the shade of the green ones the last couple of years, too.

Enjoy.:grinpimp:

There is technically a body color roof every year. It is just the Special Edition one, except white. All the rest of the FJs out there have a white roof. Definitely a to-each-their-own thing as I love it.

07 - black
08(TT)-14 - white
10 - sandstorm
11 - army green
12 - red
13 - cement
14 - blue

All the rest of the FJs out there have a white roof. Definitely a to-each-their-own thing as I love it.

While the FJCs white roof may have been a retro-style effort, it does decrease temps dramatically, as intended on earlier LCs.

I couldn't stand it, from the first time I saw when unveiled, but an acquired taste that's accelerated in brutal +100 temps.

Delancy - you tell me please. I've seen it written both ways. Hell if I know :)

Typically, the first letters denote engine, second body style (all Js) and latter number the series.

As far as I know, all US destined had 2 or 3URs. May have been UZs in earlier model years, I dunno. No Fs or FZs in any, though.

Does it matter?

Not to Toyota, if the FJ Cruiser has any bearing, since it's technically a GRJ120 ('06-'09) or GRJ150 ('10-'14) for US destined FJCs, at least.

There is technically a body color roof every year. It is just the Special Edition one, except white. All the rest of the FJs out there have a white roof. Definitely a to-each-their-own thing as I love it.

07 - black
08(TT)-14 - white
10 - sandstorm
11 - army green
12 - red
13 - cement
14 - blue

OK, guess I should've had some extra bucks to buy one in 2011. Thanks for patiently explaining to a FJC-ignorant person.:D

Our last one has been sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom