Builds Resto-mod on my 55 has begun (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And I can't even get my fenders to line up! I feel like a slacker. That thing is awesome.

You haven't seen his fenders back on yet! Ha! Just kidding, I am sure everything will line up awesome. If not, the first time he jumps it in Baja, everything will "self-clearance"...

I'm sure it's gonna be tough to get it all lined up and clean. I only wish I was as far along as Ron. That part will be fun because all this crazy sh** will be done!!! Can't wait..

Rear Cantilever mockup started. I'll be using a 10" shock to get about 16" of travel. Once this is done, we'll have to built a funky shaped fuel cell to fit in the remaining space back here. Looking like it'll work slick. Stay tuned.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Man, that's some neat stuff, way over my head, but sure enjoy looking at all of it.

Keep it going!

At last some more pics!
I still wanna come down and check that thing out as it does it's first run! Maybe I'll have that tranny you hooked me up with done by then. What a progression-three different rear ends?

Decided to remove the frame the last 18" and build a new crossmember at the link mount and tube/box in the rest. It'll make building he rear bumper more integrated...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424488954.999718.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424488979.501898.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424489026.123223.jpg

About time you got back to work, nothing worse than thread necrosis on something this good :moon:

Getting ready to pull the body tomorrow so all the finish welding. I'll have to put it back on for fuel tank fab and exhaust, then back off for paint and powder coat.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424822358.211328.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424822441.235987.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424822478.712066.jpg

I'm using all my stock doors and STOCK MIRRORS..... I'm gonna plate all internals and prob run aftermarket weatherstripping... I've got an extra set of doors I might use to make some halvies!!

Been thinking, which is dangerous for my bank account AND a pig, but half doored and top less can be a win win.

Get the benefits of a 40/70 without the $3k in weatherstripping. Ha.

Kept coming back to yours when looking for ideas, so figured I'd pose, since one of the few that has integrated the cage into the roof supports.

Don't see waiting you out for the classified ad, since the commitment is evident, BUT, if you wanna punt, I'm on the 20!!

(Joking. Know there's no chance, but it sounded good and I got it off my chest.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom