FJ62 Build (Bella) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys!

New to the forum, and to the Land Cruiser world. Just bought a diamond in the ruff 1989 FJ62 with 191K from a member here on the Forum about two weeks ago, the family took such wonderful care of it. Here she is,

Then it snowed...

Here is the original FS thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1989-fj62-original-owner-original-paint.821029/

I drove it home from Michigan 1000 miles and had no problems. When they say these trucks are tanks, they truly meant it. I love it. I'm not new to the expedition world. I had a 2001 4runner all ready for Expo.

I plan to keep the FJ as stock as possible. But..... i did just purchase a Stealth Gobi rack for it ;)

I plan to update this thread overtime, when i have new add ons! trust me there will be plenty.

Thanks everyone!

That looks very clean.. Nice purchase, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure...

ended up pulling it into the garage for some work. Needed a new antenna kit/ side marker lights and other odd and ends. Bought a bunch of things from Cruiserparts.net in NH. Great guys and super knowledgeable

sweet looking cruiser and nice 4 runner - keep us posted on the build

So i decided to tackle a couple projects on Bella, First off was to add an dual USB outlet up by the driver and passenger.

This was super easy and its so nice to have. I grounded the USB to a bolt under the console then ran a hot wire to my fuse box in the cab. tapped into the AC outlet fuse.

Next i added some Never-loose valve caps from sierra expeditions. because i always loose mine...these little things are super handy.

I wanted to keep the FJ as "stock" looking as possible. but there are things for me i just can't live without on a vehicle and the is light. So i added some LifetimeLED lights down under the frame for backing up. Ill post some night shots soon...

I routed the Hot wire and spliced right into the factory tail light. so the LED's come on when ever i put it into reverse.

Nice little improvements - way to go!!!!

That's a beautiful 60!

so a little update. I noted the other day that my battery was a old wreck and needed a replace. So i looked around the forum to see what others are using and i went over to expedition portal to see what they recommended. Optima Start/Deep cycle battery model number D34M 12548.

Then after reading more i noticed the 34 series battery won't fit into the factory battery tray, like it should. So i opted to get the Battery tray from http://stainlesstrays.com this guy is happy to pick up the phone and talk to you about cruisers and his work is exceptional. Very nice work.

Old battery tray...

The new optima fit in like a glove.

So if your in need of a new battery, I highly recommend optima and i highly recommend a battery tray from this guy.

Nice ride. Give us an update on the Optimas in a year

Nice ride. Give us an update on the Optimas in a year
Look to see if you can find where it was manufactured, there has been documented issues with the ones that were being mfg there were having lots and lots of issues. There was talk of the mfg being brought back to the US but unsure if that is the case or not. Lots of guys are running the DieHard Platinum's and also the Interstate AGM batteries (or anything manufactured by Odyssey Batteries (they make Diehard Platinums).

Look to see if you can find where it was manufactured, there has been documented issues with the ones that were being mfg there were having lots and lots of issues. There was talk of the mfg being brought back to the US but unsure if that is the case or not. Lots of guys are running the DieHard Platinum's and also the Interstate AGM batteries (or anything manufactured by Odyssey Batteries (they make Diehard Platinums).

Ill check into it. I have heard about the issues after the purchase.....oh well if it has problems ill look into the DieHards

Hey Guys, update!

So after 3 months of waiting PATIENTLY. ;) I recieved my Gobi rack! I was to damn excited so i forgot to take pictures of the install. I had them build the rack to certain specs for the Lifetime LED light bars i had planned to install. Two 6inch on either side of the rack and a 20incher in the center. My girlfriend and I installed it in roughly an hour. The build quality is great and it is well worth the wait for such a great product. I feel it fits the lines and shape of the Truck very well. onto the pictures...

I hid most of the wiring in the tubing of the rack. And ran the wires down the rain gutter into the engine bay on the passenger side of the truck. I wanted it to not look like any wires were showing.

Love this rack!

Currently im living in NYC for a job and i had to try to find some private parking for the truck. NYC is BRUTAL on vehicles, specially dugin the winter.... I like my truck to much to leave it out on the street. Its good to have connections.

Very nice!!! Rack looks great, but why a 3 month wait? Or was that specific to your changes and what changes were those? You are gonna have to post up a pic with the light bars on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom