Chopped and stretched 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arich

Anthony. aka arich
Threads
It's not what you're thinking. Check out these crazy Australians.

Why didn't they buy a LC tray back and convert it? Ugly and overly expensive for what they ended up with. The guy with the tats seemed pretty happy though.

More plush than a 79 dual cab and two turbos instead of one.

It is only money afterall.

Me too. I would LOVE to get my sandwich clamps on one. About like this one actually........
70-double-cab-d9cd623d51150b956624822b188e2426[1].jpg

they should have painted it yellow and put an escape hatch on the roof

I know a few reasons why you would do this to a 200.

70s does't have
1. Automatic Transmission
2. Twin Turbo's
3. Traction Control
4. Crawl Control
5. Comfortable quiet spacious cabin and seating
6. Coil rear suspension
7. Direct and precise steering

We travel thousands of km's here in Australia on a single trip because our country is so vast with long days travelling roads that aren't built like your roads. And while the 70s is a great work horse it is not great for travelling long distances. While many do, at the end of the day you are absolutely exhausted and in the back of your mind you know you have jump back in that bad boy and travel another 900 or 1000km's the next day.

The 200s chopped is an excellent choice.

I know a few reasons why you would do this to a 200.

70s does't have
1. Automatic Transmission
2. Twin Turbo's
3. Traction Control
4. Crawl Control
5. Comfortable quiet spacious cabin and seating
6. Coil rear suspension
7. Direct and precise steering

We travel thousands of km's here in Australia on a single trip because our country is so vast with long days travelling roads that aren't built like your roads. And while the 70s is a great work horse it is not great for travelling long distances. While many do, at the end of the day you are absolutely exhausted and in the back of your mind you know you have jump back in that bad boy and travel another 900 or 1000km's the next day.

The 200s chopped is an excellent choice.

A 70 can't be any worse than the FJ60 I've owned since 1987. I've driven that thing from the arctic to the Darien gap a few times and survived with my back intact. That being said, it took the installation of a lot of Dynamat panels to get the 60 to a point that I could hear the radio at highway speeds.

gents gents gents with the Lexi... at ease please! i can find no fault in someone who goes for all function with a 200 because it's clearly an amazing platform and the best land cruiser built to date. An SUV is a utility vehicle and this guy "utilitied" out. it definitely conjures up more excitement than the myriad of threads here giving props to people who add all-terrains and call it an amazing upgrade.

what's really crazy is australia's car tax! I would not spend a penny more than the MSRP they charge us in the USA. but as we are all well aware - got 2 pay 2 play.

thanks for sharing.

I think I could find room in my garage for this puppy. You can jam your 70.

10847890_10153041444907313_8190969843201628224_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom