Koito trailer socket and plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not accusing anyone of price gouging just stating how much prices on these old surplus parts have risen. Remember about ten years ago I bought a hand primer fuel pump and glass bowl filter with rubber hose between the two off eBay for around $12 shipped. I don't know maybe this internet thing is really starting to catch on.

Still haven't figured out how to post new pictures on our new computer with Windows 8. But I did compare one of my new Warner trailer light sockets to loose original I have. I do not know how old my new Warner one is but guess it was NOS that was on the shelf a while before I bought it. The one from a 25 has heavier metal then the new one. I can not find any markings on it. The Warner has a number stamped on the guard protecting wire terminal on the back. Inside the plug at the bottom it has what looks like a four leaf clover with four letters that is raised from the molding process not stamped after. Nothing on the older plug. Only place I could find Warner Electric on the new one is a paper label.

just stating how much prices on these old surplus parts have risen. Remember about ten years ago I bought a hand primer fuel pump and glass bowl filter with rubber hose between the two off eBay for around $12 shipped. I don't know maybe this internet thing is really starting to catch on.

I bought mine as surplus several years ago, a vehicle connection kit which was a heavy insulated four conductor cable with two male ends and two sockets. I know it wasn't even $50 because I'm just plain cheap. ;) My original socket is pretty rusty hard to make out if there were any markings on it at all.

Here is a link to choke/throttle cables that would probably work in a early cruiser http://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-GPW-Will...=100012&prg=11353&rk=3&rkt=10&sd=171524758539 Not cheap but might work. The pintle safety eye bolts were $35 with $10 shipping. OEM from Japan would be cheaper with a group buy. Pete? Also seen a old military jeep rifle scabbard for $250 plus shipping and a new repo for $200 with free shipping. Not sure but I think the scabbard is for the M1 carbine. Years ago you buy the carbine for the price of these scabbards. I have one somewhere that came in a FJ25. PO probably paid a couple of bucks to get it from a surplus store.

the ebay link doesn't match mine. don't remember if there was anything stamped on it and it's down at justins, but here are the pics i have
DSC05339.JPG
DSC07294.JPG
DSC07295.JPG
DSC07297.JPG

Ige, are those metric threads on the wire terminals? John

That's a good question. I have yet to work on cleaning the terminals on the old one. I did remove the back guard though. Can't remember if I used a SAE or metric wrench. That would probably prove one way or the other is Toyota bought plugs from North America or just copied the design. We know today that China copies everything and then sells it cheap here. While many not selling that cheap Japan did this years ago.

Quick check my old one uses a 7/16" wrench for the nut on the back cover. Terminals use a 3/8" wrench for the nuts. Same as the new one. 10MM and 11MM wrenches wouldn't fit or were loose.

iirc, i used sae wrenches too. plug is currently at redline and i won't be down there until after the new year, but i'll grab it then

Speaking of pintle safety eye bolts, I'm about to purchase some (OEM) from overseas. They're $10.xx ea plus shipping. I'm placing a decent sized order, so shipping should be marginal and will probably cost more to get them from my house to yours. Anybody want in?

Here is a link to choke/throttle cables that would probably work in a early cruiser http://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-GPW-Willys-Ford-WWII-Jeep-G503-Dodge-CCKW-Chevy-Truck-Choke-Throttle-Cable/171557084859?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=27538&meid=4ff103cf58e9447ea53e3003e8b8c76e&pid=100012&prg=11353&rk=3&rkt=10&sd=171524758539 Not cheap but might work. The pintle safety eye bolts were $35 with $10 shipping. OEM from Japan would be cheaper with a group buy. Pete? Also seen a old military jeep rifle scabbard for $250 plus shipping and a new repo for $200 with free shipping. Not sure but I think the scabbard is for the M1 carbine. Years ago you buy the carbine for the price of these scabbards. I have one somewhere that came in a FJ25. PO probably paid a couple of bucks to get it from a surplus store.

Speaking of pintle safety eye bolts, I'm about to purchase some (OEM) from overseas. They're $10.xx ea plus shipping. I'm placing a decent sized order, so shipping should be marginal and will probably cost more to get them from my house to yours. Anybody want in?

Post up in the pintle thread as well. I'll have to think about what I need.... :)
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/oem-pintle-hook.824558/

I finally found what I believe to be a correct trailer socket in the Netherlands. The bolts are Metric, there is no marking on the lid, no markings on the rear cover, no Warner markings on the socket, and the rear cover has the three slots (one large and two small).

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9399.JPG

IMG_9404.JPG

IMG_9405.JPG

Last edited:
Fun stuff. Located a few overseas with one packed in cosmoline. None of these have the Warner markings and appear to match what we have found in the literature. There is a picture of the socket in the 1963 owner's manual I'll ask @nuclearlemon to post for us.

IMG_4138.jpg
IMG_4140.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg
IMG_4142.jpg
IMG_4146.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom