73 OEM rolcage what would be a reasonable price for it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi guys,so far in al the 73 series I parted I did not have 1 with the factory rol cage but had many requests from people for it.

I found one for sale overseas that I can bring over but the seller wants 350 Euro for it so that's about 450$.Given the fact that I or someone I know needs to drive a few hours to pick it up and then crate and ship it this looks like it will not be possible to sell at a price where I don't loose my a## on it and the buyer would still be happy?

Just food for thought and I would like to hear from you guys if you think it would still be worth bringing or this would be to expensive (anybody ever priced out a new one?)

Joe

My understanding is a factory rear bar can only be fitted to a vehicle that has the floor set up to accept it. It would be of no use in a vehicle that did not come with one to begin with so the demand would be limited to vehicles that had one but someone removed or damaged it.

My Spanish 73 has the RPS - including fender well mounting bases for the downtubes and threaded receivers for the connecting bolts for the horizontal tubes. Not sure if the metal "hoop" behind the front seats are equipped with those mounting points on rigs not fitted with roll bar systems from the factory. If not, the market for OEM parts may be limited due to fitment issues.

In any event, an alternative choice would be a custom fit fabricated cage. You could upgrade to heavier material and have more choice in mounting and location.

They were selling roll bar and non roll bar models at the same time ,so its stands to reason that they will bolt up.

Except for the fact that the wheelhousings are totally different.

:lol: I wish it weren't so. I'd love to be able to fit a factory bar into mine....:crybaby:

Plus a roof rack. That's as good as any exo-skeleton. I am in fat city......:hillbilly:

So I the shape of the rear inner wheel wells different or is the just no reinforcement there?If that is the only thing that would be not very hard to modifie.

It's the shape. There is a "platform" of sorts built into the wheel housings for the bar feet to attach to.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

If Delancy were to send me his bar (for feasibility purposes only, of course :flipoff2: ) I could see if it is possible to make an adapter of sorts to see if it is possible to retrofit.....:hillbilly:

If Delancy were to send me his bar (for feasibility purposes only, of course :flipoff2: ) I could see if it is possible to make an adapter of sorts to see if it is possible to retrofit.....:hillbilly:

There's one in front of you with right of first refusal. If he refuses it again, I'll box it up and send to you.

Of course, after a waiver is signed to the effect that you fully understand it's purpose is hanging dry cleaning, Christmas lights, or dingo balls from, and offers little in the way of "roll" protection.

As far as fitting to the wheel well, the base is mebbe 16ga and appears to be malleable and could easily conform to whatever shape it needed to be.

Granted, there's prolly some kinda reinforcement in the wheel well, itself, but since the cage is just for looks, could prolly fender washer it and call it a day.

Photos of the underside of the wheel wells would be of value as well.

As I tend to be quite the Clothes Horse a wardrobe (or perhaps costume:santa:) rack would prove quite useful...:grinpimp:

Photos of the underside of the wheel wells would be of value as well.

Soon as the "smoke test" on the office plumbing vents is complete, I'll oblige.

Walked in this morning and the olfactory senses were immediately and overwhelmingly reminded of Cousin Eddie, in his bathrobe, standing on the street dumping raw sewage into the storms water drain, exclaiming

"s***ters full!"

Last edited:
:lol:

Soon as the "smoke test" on the office plumbing vents is complete, I'll oblige.

Walked in this morning and the olfactory senses were immediately and overwhelmingly reminded of Cousin Randy, in his bathrobe, standing on the street dumping raw sewage into the storms water drain, exclaiming

"****ters full!"

For those of us who have had to get up at 2AM to drain holding tanks on RVs because the better half has said those word ... that's damned funny right there ....:lol: :rolleyes:

Tech content: I can get those as well in a few minutes from my Spanish spec 70 ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom