New Introduction: 99 4runner from Knoxville, TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Evan... been wheeling the past couple years, but really started about 2 years ago really getting into it more.

Have a 99 Toyota 4runner Limited that's my DD/weekend warrior. Currently looking to lift it with the LC coils, which is what drove me to this forum. I'll let the pictures do the talking. The day I brought it home and to what it is evolved into as of Now.

2a81bdb8-5c7a-44d5-8fd4-3dc962539a23_zpsa47103e5.png

PB228971_zps3c87b093.jpg

PB229004_zpsdb89eaaf.jpg

Good looking truck.

They are never done, I keep thinking mine is close and then find 10 more things I want to do.

Have you checked out the Appalachian cruisers clubhouse on here? Good bunch of guys and local to you.

Hey Evan, nice looking 3rd gen. What are the stats on it? Like Jason said, the AC guys are close and are a good bunch. Anyway, like I said in the AC thread, I got lots of junk, but what I didn't mention is I DD a 98 3rd Gen 4runner. I have been trying to keep it that way, but I fear that I am trending in the wrong direction. :smokin:

What are you planning for up front to match the LC coils out back? How many wraps you looking at?

Look forward to seeing how the rig progresses, and Welcome to MUD.

Also, those pics look like Windrock, correct?

Hey Evan, nice looking 3rd gen. What are the stats on it? Like Jason said, the AC guys are close and are a good bunch. Anyway, like I said in the AC thread, I got lots of junk, but what I didn't mention is I DD a 98 3rd Gen 4runner. I have been trying to keep it that way, but I fear that I am trending in the wrong direction. :smokin:

What are you planning for up front to match the LC coils out back? How many wraps you looking at?

Look forward to seeing how the rig progresses, and Welcome to MUD.

Also, those pics look like Windrock, correct?

99 Limited. Fully loaded inside. Hid headlights, full LED conversion, 255/85 Maxxis bighorns, painted wheels, rhino lined moulding, BAMF front bumper, 32" led light bar, Toyota inclinometer. I think that's it.

Picking up some LC coils this afternoon. Don't know the wrap on them but they'll work lol. The fronts are going to be tundra TRD coils and then probably bilsteins on all 4 corners. After 234k miles it's time for an upgrade.

Yea those pics were about 2 weekends ago up on Windrock. We rode 2, 4, and 19. All and all a fun trip. Got the gf behind the wheel for the first time.

Future plans in no particular order will be lift (obviously), rear locker, sliders (in the making), DIY roof basket, OBA, 295's, skids, and possibly rear bumper. Would love to run ARB's front and rear, but looking for more of a Spartan or Aussie now.

Got the lift installed last night. Took about 4 1/2 with a dinner break in there.

Forgot to take measurements but its higher haha. The best thing I have noticed so far is the stiffness of the coils. Much better than my 235k mile worn out shocks and coils I previously had on.

0909BA02-257E-466B-91CA-646B11E52567_zpsxd85utkr.jpg

Went to my buddies today to test it out in his ditch. This is just as the rear was beginning to slip on the leaves. Both sway bars still attached as well.

80B74B8E-83F4-4FA5-9172-2D726F2801BE_zpsvc8nysdf.jpg

0AE98EF8-5F5E-4EE8-B53B-A69E3E74C8FB_zpsbbpdghpq.jpg

4677C17F-EE0E-415C-9B72-7300790C88C6_zpspcrxdidv.jpg

Will probably looking at getting some quick discos for the front in the future, after I get tires. that is the major priority right now.

Damn sweet! I love those wheels so much I got a set and powder coated them black for my Tacoma. As the owner of an '01 4Runner, you can't go wrong with their reliability.

So boredom ensued, and today I got my rock lights installed. I got them from a place called www.under-glow.com and got a great deal. Each light is a 4 pod LED on a flat surface so it is very low profile. It is coated in a waterproof sealant and disperses a great amount of light.
imagejpg1_zps526af930.jpg

Very simple process. 2 wires in, 2 wires out. Adhesive tape on the back that is CRAZY strong. I messed up one of the lights and had to use a screwdriver and a hammer to get it off.
These things come in a set of 20 for $25, and for that price, I couldn't say no.
I have 1 on the front body mounts on either side, one in the front, one on either side of the crossmember, 1 on each body mount on the sides of the frames, 1 on the frame on each side, one on each rear body mount, and one directly above the rear axle.
Onto the pics.
84F2AAB6-A26F-49D9-9906-D971FDC230A0_zps1dwfn32s.jpg

8A968D04-0D5B-4CA1-9501-53773D62401A_zpsjcbvupdw.jpg

1505E41D-006F-45C5-B0DD-B9B9AA82D7EF_zpskps2qdbq.jpg

8473A419-D77A-449D-B864-A0330FD2DA81_zpsaptrszkd.jpg

If you'd like more info give them a shout. www.under-glow.com. Also, they have different colors if you'd like to go a little crazy with it. Great customer service and I got mine in less than a week after ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom