What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't speak for 100-series owners in general, but I don't think there are many downsides to running 275/70R18 on the highway. You will have a slight pessimistic error in your speedometer, possible negative effect on fuel economy, and you might be able to feel a very slight hit on acceleration.
There are a multitude of threads discussing tire size if you'd like to know more.

Ordered new dt headers. Current first gen dt headers rusted out.

I really hope this doesn't happen to mine. That was not a fun job installing those. Did they offer you any deals from the originals rusting out?

Edit: just saw your response.

After letting the paint cure for two weeks due to the cooler weather, I installed my sliders today:

Sliders_on.jpg

Need to get new tires soon and would like to go slightly bigger than the 275/60-18s that are currently on. Can I use 275/70 on the stock suspension without any rubbing issues? I plan on doing a small lift like OME next year but will need tires much before then.

I have 275/70/18 BFG AT/KO's on my 2005. I do have a OME 2" lift with the diff drop but you don't need it to run the 275/70/18's. I will also post a picture so you can tell if you like the look. These are 33.2" tires.
image.jpg

Thanks SWUtah. Looks good, but a little big for my applications I think. I am a 90% city/highway guy so I've decided to go 275/65-18 and call it a day.

4.88s and arbs are all done, and what a difference! With the gears and headers I think it feels better than stock. Can't wait to try out the arbs!

Changed the blown parking light bulbs in the ARB bar.
Now one light is blinking when indicator is on, opposite to the indicator itself. Weird.

Painted the OPOR sliders this week and installed them. Plus MAF/throttle body cleaning. Also took a buffer and removed some Colorado pinstripping.
IMG_1557.jpg

Installed the USA SPEC BT35-TOY! Nice to finally get rid of the tape deck adapter to play my music from my iPhone. Well worth the $124!

Interested in this mod !

@gwatts Do you have bronze-colored wheels or is that just the lighting in the photo??

@gwatts Is the fairing on the rack upside down? or intentional?

@gwatts How did you get your rear window tint to not be mirrored? It's black like the fronts?

@TheForger - It's the metallic bronze plastidip

@SmoothLC - It's right side up but with the way the Thule fairing curves and the expo rack doesn't it looks funny (upside down). I need to stick some rubber pieces in the middle to flatten out the curve. Then the ends will sit more flush with the rack. The stock end pieces are not on there either. Although, now that you mention it, it might work better if I do actually place it upside down.

@Muddy Bean - optical illusion. They are mirrored, just doesn't look that way in certain light/angles. It's somewhat of a bronze tint i used on all the windows to get it to somewhat match.

Got some new shoes today...
285-75-16 Wrangler Duratrac.
Took a long look at the Nitto Terra and Trail. The trail had the look, but lacked the winter performance. The Terra had the performance, but just didn't cut it in the asthetics department. The Wranglers have both covered.
Heading to Breckenridge for Christmas - hoping to test out the performance part on some fresh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom