82 toyota mini project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dent before and after basketball trick.

1418844805481.jpg

1418844818397.jpg

Got it idling again at 1200 but no lower. Sound like a vacuum leak?

Another question for everyone. The wiring for the brakes has been cut. Should I find a junkyard and get the wiring or?

What I got.

1420476859617.jpg

Ya I would try to get another rear harness. You only need the rear section, it plugs into the main harness at the hole in the floor under the passenger seat.

Im thinking that spare cab is 2wd thats why your not using that instead? Camper would be cool, chinook too. Thats the only reason i wish i had a long bed, so i can put a chinook on it.

Im thinking that spare cab is 2wd thats why your not using that instead? Camper would be cool, chinook too. Thats the only reason i wish i had a long bed, so i can put a chinook on it.

I am supposed to be building a wheeler. So as long as I can stay dry/warm I don't want to swap the cab. As for the Chinook it won't happen this year but definitely an option.

Just read your thread. Great find and an awesome build project.
There is an old man that lives across the street from me that has an 82 mini truck under a sweet gum tree and has been there for at least 10 years. i'm persistant and know it is a matter of time, i'll wear him down :grinpimp:.
anyway, look forward to seeing more of your progress.

Received my replacement door hinge today.

1422025810432.jpg

Anyone tried this before? I may try it before buying a new tank.

Gas Tank Rust Removal --- CIDER VINEGAR WORKS!:

I've heard of some using vinegar with success. I personally have not tried it although i have tried Evaporust and have had great success. I've tried it on bolts and other miscellaneous parts. wouldn't hesitate to pour a gallon of it in the fuel tank.

Hmm never heard of that but goggle showed me the way. Might have to give it a try.

Ended up ordering a fuel cell from summit. Will hopefully start wrenching in the next couple weeks if weather Co operates.

Anyone in the market for a replacement truck cab?

Ok so here is my wish list .

New brakes
Repair exhaust
Trail gear sliders
32-33" mud terrains.

Hopefully by logans run this year at Uwharrie. Tires and exhaust are what scare me.

Oh yeah got $100 month budget minus cost of tires

To cut costs on brakes you probably don't need rear shoes. And just have your old rotors turned if you can. For fronts you could use o Reilly's brake best. They aren't to bad until you have more money. And could you fab up some sliders?

Trail gear are only $200 a set.

Fuel cell came in from summit today. I am running out of excuses to not be working on this thing lol. I have to get the spare cab off the back and mount the fuel cell then figure out the fuel line. After that I need to figure out bump stops, sand and paint the frame best I can, and replace the exhaust. Oh yeah brakes as well. Then hopefully the fun stuff can come into play aka sliders, new tires, maybe a winch.

So are you going fuel injection or staying carved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom