manuals? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I had a fairly complete set of manuals, until I tried to find a chart for lubrication.

I have: Haynes TLC '68-'82
Toyota Trucks and Land Cruisers "owner's bible" '58-'96
by Moses Ludel

official Toyota manuals:
Toyota LC repair manual '69-'71 chasis and body
#96041 (Japan)
Toyota LC repair manual chasis and body #98154(Japan)
Toyota F engine repair manual #98087 (USA)

None of these has a chasis layout with the lube points on it. There is a thread that features the chart on this forum, but which manual am I missing?

The small glovebox-size Owner's Manual has those diagrams and info at the rear of each manual.

HTH

The owners manual (glovebox handbook) has that information.

For instance this is a 1981 Owners Manual for USA/Canada:
1981OMa.jpg

And here it is from within:
1981OMb.jpg

I think the orange coloured ones are all "USA/Canada" and the green ones are for everyone else..

Here's an example of a similar vintage green one...

EveryoneElse.jpg

Ooops. Bear beat me to it...

You can find the same info elsewhere too... Such as in the "Toyota Maintenance Procedures" range of FSMs....

:cheers:
1981OMa.jpg
1981OMb.jpg
EveryoneElse.jpg

I am working my way through threads but can anyone tell me where I can download the owner's manual? I am chasing one for a 1984 HJ47. I have the engine repair manual and the chassis and body repair manual .... Thanks!

you can buy repro ones from SOR for cheap. I bought two and they are very nice.

Cheers Ant. In the end I found a link for a download online. I looked at Helminc too but they wanted $150 freight from US to Aus ... but rich for the $30 manual!

thanks for helping out - I have been posting it a lot lately :rolleyes:

:cheers:

IH8MUD - old post I know, but I have a question/concern. Great link you've set up, I've downloaded the manuals relevant to my fleet (I now have a fleet, of two!) and they match the paper copies I got from SOR. The issue or concern is the content relative to specific vehicles. In the early body and chassis manual (58-70) on page General 1-15 it only shows one picture (and dimensions) of an FJ45(L) P-B. And what's shown is right hand drive (so the "L" is incorrect), later bed (somewhere mid-60's I think, nothing for the older beds with supports inside bed sides), and an offset rear differential (older ones have centered diffs). I know there are different versions of these manuals (or at least the B&C manual) because Ausie 25 posted in another thread a picture from his '63 B&C manual the picture for the FJ45(L) P-B and it's LHD ("L" is therefore correct), older bed and centered diff. The "later" B&C manual doesn't have a date printed in/on it but apparently the '63 does. So after this long diatribe does anyone know how to go about getting manuals specifically for the older rigs (or maybe early versions of a manual, or whatever)? My concern is that for missing stuff on my rig how do I know what is missing and of what type/vintage? Of course, a lot of stuff is common, but a lot isn't. I know to ask herein as this forum is THE ultimate source, but sometimes I don't know to even ask a question. Where are those manuals? Are we talking $$$$ to buy from some horder(s)? Rant over. Thanks for the help. Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom