CT26 w/billet compressor boost limit ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for your input Graeme. I actually have no intention of running it over 14psi as I want to retain long term reliability. It was more out of interest that I was wondering what effect the different design would have. And also hoping that it may also give me a slightly increased safety margin over factory compressor at the same psi. I would have loved one of your turbos Graeme and I did look into it, but unfortunately $$$ were a bit prohibitive at that time.

One other question if you have the time, How does having 12 blades instead of 10 blades effect the performance? I notice that some of your designs also run a 12 blade compressor wheel?

Cheers.

Exactly . And you sell who's turbo? I remember when you guys were so anti anything made from Chinese parts. I personally have a couple hundred thousand miles of over 14 psi and defiantly at the top of the food chain in the rpm"s. Never had an issue with 18 psi. But that is only my own personal experience and i don't sell t urbos or hp add ons. I thought everyone was runnning 17-18 psi now.

ha ha, you serious? or just having a poke?

If so, You have it the wrong way around, wrongway around. I don't bullsh$t bud. Didn't dadinabarrel's $300 ebay special make it a whole of about 500 meters? Times that by 100 from calls from owners desperately trying to find a cheap way out of the mess they are in (as we know these things always happen at the worst opportune time). And sadly, there are far too many of these calls. If your turbo is boosting that high and you don't have an issue - great. But I draw the line at telling others it's ok to do it to theirs. You are 1 of the lucky stories. There is NO slandering or sales motivated slandering from me at all. I sell them because they are the highest quality and best performance turbo ever built (simple). I don't have to second question anything, as I know the qaulity is there from installing and testing these for so long. Undeniable Facts that have been proven over and over again. My advice...

*Don't buy cheap chinese crap from ebay = you pay penuts, you get monkeys
*If running a turbo regardless of manufacturer, follow their maximum boost limit
*Stock (factory) CT26 don't go over 14psi, it WILL over speed and blow up. Seen them pop myself.

You guys that boost your CT26's really baffle me, what are you doing that requires more power than standard????

Why wouldnt you want more power/torque?! ahaha just makes everything easier. I still want more though.... particularly when climbing hills in low 3rd

Ok just a wee poke , your to easy. Yes I know the gturbo is pretty much flawless . But I thought that almost everyone that was running high flowed ct26 turbo's ( which a g turbo is ) especially with a billet wheel were running higher than 14 . Yes I am one of the lucky ones I guess. That's like you guys think 1300 egts are ok to run, not in my books. I'm curious to see how forboreals turbo's are going to be. Sounds like he might have the latest and greatest . All without having overseas shipping and hassles to north America. Timing couldn't be better with the 25 year import law for the 1hdt opening up in the usa in janruary. I think when the americans start playing with these things your gonna see big gains all round right out of the gate.

What's the story behind this 25 year import law. Sounds ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as paying $125k for a tundra in Australia.

Hi all.

I have a question for all the turbo gurus out there. I have 1HDT, 3" exhaust with no intercooler as yet. It has a standard CT26 fitted with a KTS billet compressor wheel. The compressor wheel has the same size inducer and exducer as standard but because the billet compressor has a smaller diameter hub, it actually has more blade area. For example; the leading edge of the blades are 2mm larger than the standard compressor wheel. Which my rough calculations gives me aprox 10% - 15% more blade area over the standard compressor. The billet wheel also has 12 blades instead of the 10 blades on the standard compressor.

I have read Graeme's posts in regards to a standard CT26 on a 1HDT has a limit of 14psi with limited rpm over 2500, any higher psi and the compressor speed gets too high and can cause failure.

My question is, given the larger blade area and the extra 2 blades on the KTS compressor, how would that effect the max safe operating psi?

My thoughts are, that at any given psi the KTS compressor wheel would be operating at a lower rpm due to the larger blade area??? therefor I should be able to run slightly higher boost safely??? But would love to hear some thoughts from any turbo gurus out there.

Cheers.
Just an update for anyone that's interested. new turbo (as above) fitted and I am quite happy with the results. (It's no Gturbo obviously but Im happy for what it is).
Under load I'm getting 6psi @ 1200rpm, 10psi @ 1400rpm, 14psi @ 1600rpm. Its set to 14psi max. It also holds 14psi all the way to 4000rpm, not that I spend any time up there anyway, but the factory turbo gave out well below that.

I have read elsewhere that having 12 blades instead of 10 helps with boosting at lower rpm, which has proven to be correct with mine anyway.

your limit for getting efficiency out of your turbo is directly correlated with the turbine wheel and housing.
the stock CT26 setup is only efficient to roughly 20lbs with a size up to say a supra wheel.

14psi and Billett wheel you will be safe as houses.

A customer emergency ordered a GX yesterday after his genuine brand new turbo blew to pieces. He told me to say he ran 13psi for 60,000kms and 16psi for the last 10,000kms.

The compressor wheel pieces are no bigger than 1/4 inch. He sent me photos (to my work phone do I don't have them on me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom