Phulcrums m416 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The aluminum top is bolted to the steel bed. 6 grade 8 bolts. I had a steel frame welded to the trailer to better fit the aluminum , which was a roof rack I got from Craigslist . Now that I can weld aluminum I would have done it a little differently, but it works.

image.jpg
Rear hatch coming together

That looks great...this is going to be a sweet little build!

Thanks man. I am hoping to finish it this year.

image.jpg
The rear hatch is now framed and both front and rear hatches/ doors are mounted.

oct 2014 b 004.JPG
oct 2014 b 004.JPG
oct2014 480.JPG
oct2014 480.JPG

Kitchen slides mounted and aligned. started framing the kitchen too.

The kitchen framing. i really need welding practice!
nov 2014 005.JPG

Hey would you want to get rid of the temp canvas sides? I may have a use for them.
Dan

Sure pm me your info

Great work. Subscribed.

11-2014 011.JPG
mounted the first of three drawer slides. the first drawer will be mounted tonight, more pics to follow (if it works ).

11-27-2014 003.JPG
11-27-2014 004.JPG
two out of three drawers framed and mounted, going soo slow!

Coming along very nice. I've been thinking around the same lines for my M101. Look forward to your progress.

thanks. it kind of happened by accident over time. its my first build so i am learning a lot. i do hope it turns out to be a viable , usable trailer. for my sanitys sake.

josh! dangit you got me thinking of starting over on a 3/4 ton trailer.

Since the M101a (1 and 2; M101a3 trailers were built to HMMWV width) series trailers were 3/4 ton they were essentially the same size as a full sized pickup bed. The wider track would be more stable for the height you seem to be working with and would give you an 8 ft length to work with too. Conversely you have already committed a lot to this design, and if it works out for you it would be much lighter in the end and the narrower track gives you the ability to hit smaller trails. In the long run using the resource you have if it works is almost always better than the one you don't.

Last edited:
sounds good. thats the direction i have to go with . i think i'll look into a bigger build after this one. thanks for the input sir.

ive had a couple engineers from my work look at my trailer and they think think its gonna be fine as long as i distribute the weight low- which i plan to. made some progress on the kitchen today..pics soon.

sorta gives you an idea of how the
12-20-14 008.JPG
kitchen will sit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom