So I want a BJ74... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hoser beat me to it. I was just going to post the same thing. 68" on the floor from rear door to seat mount, closer to 72" at the height of your proposed drawers. Depending on your height, body habitus and (dis)comfort in tight spaces you could sleep diagonally and would have ~76" from opposite corner to rear of passenger at floor level, closer to 80" at a height of 10-12"

You could remove the passenger headrest and support the platform with the seat but you'll be 2-3' off the floor and this would complicate the engineering of the whole platform. If planning for solo trips probably better just to pull the passenger seat, no?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, many thanks for the quick replies and photos!

Hoser, you have a 100 and a 74? Me too, soon (hopefully!) Have I seen photos and details on your 74 on here?

Jfrench, those pictures are great. Surprised the seat doesn't slide forward more....that's pretty tight squeeze to get into the back! If that seat would have 2-3" more forward movement it would be perfect. Could almost use the seat back as headboard of sorts!

What is that in the rear quarter just behind the seat belt, soem type of storage cubby? I don't know how tall the wheel well humps are, but 10-12" is a nice drawer height.

While I am bombarding everyone with questions....one more.... what is this guy in the photo below??

2014-11-26_10-34-46.jpg

Jfrench, those pictures are great. Surprised the seat doesn't slide forward more....that's pretty tight squeeze to get into the back! If that seat would have 2-3" more forward movement it would be perfect. Could almost use the seat back as headboard of sorts!

What is that in the rear quarter just behind the seat belt, soem type of storage cubby? I don't know how tall the wheel well humps are, but 10-12" is a nice drawer height.

Height of wheel well is about 7" and yes, it's a little storage cubby.

Hoser, you have a 100 and a 74? Me too, soon (hopefully!) Have I seen photos and details on your 74 on here?
Yes, I have a BJ74 and BJ70. The 74 is basically stock but low mileage, has cable lockers and PTO winch. The 3B in the BJ70 is painfully slow. Highly recommend a turbo for it. 100 and 74 is a great combination. Good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom