98-2005 Landcruiser DEPO 1 piece clear head lamp Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do these use the OEM bulb sizes?

Guessing these are plug and play with the factory wiring? Yes or no.

Will get back with you guys regarding the bulb, plug and play questions. ;)

It should be plug and play, if not should be easy mod with plug and socket easily available at NAPA. Yes it will not fit 2006-2007 model. But I can get the DEPO that will fit 2005-2006 model 1 piece clear as well for the same price.

I managed to meet DEPO Taiwan rep in AAPEX show at their booth, the minimum order for them to ship from Taiwan is $45k and 40 Foot container. And DEPO will not ship to US as they have their distributor here which only carry factory lamps. No go for non factory lamps. So that make things complicated!! Doesn't it ?!! :bang:

NO worry, this is still live and I am just trying to see if I am able to source it cheaper. It uses H7 bulb for sure. Give me another week to wrap this up and get it going ;)

Thanks for your efforts Ranma21!! As i think back to when i talked to DEPO and got their US distributor's email she told me they were not allowed to sell here because of DOT regulations and how these were not street legal for what ever reason. one thing to note, make sure to ask if the lamps your inquiring about have the correct beam pattern for the US (left hand drive) vehicles. I think some online retailers sell them for right hand drive countries and that would not be ideal for us of course.

Here is the contact info of the people I spoke with at Depo South America
Michael Hu/ Karen Liu/ Rosalie Kao
Depo Auto Parts Ind. Co., Ltd.,
Tel: +886-2-2776-0003 Ext. 258
Fax: +886-2-2776-0016
E-mail: latin@depoautolamp.com

and this is the contact info of the US DEPO distributor I spoke with.
Tina Hsieh
Maxzone Auto Parts Corp.
15889 Slover Ave. Suite A
Fontana, CA 92337
909-822-3288 ext. 1361
http://www.maxzone.com/

also this is the Part Sheet i was asking the DEPO people about, these may be the incorrect part numbers for the US (left hand drive) vehicles, I was not able to get a straight answer on that. regardless there are a bunch of variations.

unnamed.jpg

Yup I spoke to Tina Hsieh as well as another DEPO Rep at the show. The one I am looking for is for LHD vehicle for the Europen market. Part number is D12-1103P-LD-E1 & D12-1103P-RD-E1 as shown in the pic I posted as well as yours.

Will the DEPO units be better for converting to HIDs versus using my OEM lights?

Yes, better because they are out already and can take your sweet time. =) Consider doing LED signal and DRL's too.

How about LED low beams and no DRL's! We'll see. A while back I tried baking my driver's side light so I could get the lens off but I gave up on that pretty quickly. The reflector on that side is hazy and only wanted to shine it up. :D I guess if the DEPO's come apart easier then I am interested even though I think going from a glass lens to a plastic one is a step down.

Patiently waiting for these to come to fruit. My headlights and corners are begging to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom