Old turn signals on newer 45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really like the look of the 62-68 OEM front turn signals. Is there anything really stopping me from putting them on my 77? I just really like the round look of them

Just the haters :D

Yes i know the purist police will be all over it hahaha! I figured it would be a direct fit just double checking before i order!

I also dislike the large square blinkers on the later cruisers and can see a branch tearing it clean off the guard in the thick scrub. Thats good news on the early style being a plug and play item and my fix for the parkers would be H4 or similer headlight with inbuilt parker.

Do it!
:bounce:

Hmmm one thing ive noticed is the older fenders have the single hole for the round light but all i can find for new fenders to buy are ones with 3 holes larger hole in the middle. Im just worried you will see the smaller mounting holes or is the base on the 62-68 light wide enough to cover them?

Besides parking light light you lose the side marker lights. Those might be required. Aprons from a 70 to 74 came with marker lights.

Hmmm one thing ive noticed is the older fenders have the single hole for the round light but all i can find for new fenders to buy are ones with 3 holes larger hole in the middle. Im just worried you will see the smaller mounting holes or is the base on the 62-68 light wide enough to cover them?

They'll cover. I've sold a handful of them to folks running them on later setups. As noted aside from the lack of park light and clearance market, you're golden. You can pull the bulb contact out (1156) and install a double contact base (1157) so that you have a park light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom