Flat removal permanence. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I am having a crisis of conscience here. Whoever owned my 80 before me at one point removed the flairs and painted them black with a spray can. I, in my desire to return them to their original state, just removed them. They are mostly salvageable. Few broken brackets here and there, need gaskets, clips etc. didn't bend any sheet metal getting them off. I have easy access to someone who can do either fix. Paint the flairs back to factory or cover the holes and clean it up. I am torn on the flair/flairless look, and at this point could go either way. Anyone wanna nudge me in a certain direction? Please?

Ok, I am having a crisis of conscience here. Whoever owned my 80 before me at one point removed the flairs and painted them black with a spray can. I, in my desire to return them to their original state, just removed them. They are mostly salvageable. Few broken brackets here and there, need gaskets, clips etc. didn't bend any sheet metal getting them off. I have easy access to someone who can do either fix. Paint the flairs back to factory or cover the holes and clean it up. I am torn on the flair/flairless look, and at this point could go either way. Anyone wanna nudge me in a certain direction? Please?
And of course auto correct on my iPad changed it to flat...

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416771823.257010.jpg

I am flareless. I also prefer skinny tires. So it all works out, but with the OEM wheels it is very easy to go up in tire size with an increase in width. Your state may or may not like that. Flared if you can make sturdy repairs and your wheeling doesn't take you places they will get torn off.

My jeep flares were always getting scratched to hell too. I just found the thread where it costs 120 bucks for that stupid rubber trim that needs to be replaced. That's probably my deal breaker right there as that is a ton of money for just a little return. Flares will be going in the fs section soon.

How much will 315s stick out past the fender and quarter panel without flares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom