What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wife and I decided to go to breakfast with friends. Breakfast turned into a wheelin trip to the American Flats in Virginia City, Nv area.

Was seriously fun and we a had a great time piled into the LC.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416724681.053086.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416724700.609512.jpg

Finished my tire carrier then went wheeling. I then proceeded to destroy my front bumper doing so :hillbilly:

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416869830.405604.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416869884.392089.jpg

:D If I have to wait a week to pick them up, you get to wait a week for pics. ;)

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4753326214.html

The '86 has a two inch shackle lift with 33" tires and 213k miles. Looks nice at a glance, but has a fair amount of rust underneath, including a missing rear shock mounting tube. It lost the oil plug in the head, so I've got to get that fixed right away (plugged with JB Weld right now), but after that I'll use it as a semi-daily driver at least until I get one of my other 4x4s back up and running.

The '87 has 124k miles, but has been hit on the right side. It needs a fender, both doors, and the B pillar pulled out. I had hoped to restore it, but whoever owned it after it was wrecked used it as more of a beater, so it's not quite as nice as I had hoped. For now, the plan is to get the body fixed on it and go from there. Depending on how much the bodywork costs and how good the repairs look, I may restore it or I may just sell it as-is. The nice thing is it's pretty complete, engine has plenty of pep for a 2F, and there is none of the typical suspension or steering slop these things get with a little bit more use. I just hated to see it parted out when the body is rust free and repairable.

I bought both to resell and make a little money on the side, but I'm not in any hurry to get rid of them. Heck, I'm just happy to have a drivable 60 again while my expo build has been on hiatus.

Last edited:
Fired her up again after getting the carburetor floater to "un-stick", installed new fuel pump and fuel filter (not in that order).
Re-installed rear wiper motor assembly, locking mechanism and reconditioned tailgate lock.
Re-installed rear side marker lights, rear combination lights and freshly black powder coated exterior door handles.
Re-installed painted fuel box cover with re-conditioned key locks.
Installed new stainless steel battery tray, upgraded battery cables from Mark, and Wired Wagon's headlight wiring harness.
Hella 7" halogen headlamps.

Hopefully, more stuff next weekend!

Drove in the snow. Not the best photo, but you get the idea.
school cruiser0001.JPG

Took it out for a cruise. Delivered a bicycle wheel to a customer. Got a couple steaks and some salmon as a tip, threw it in the fridge for the ride home. Got a smile on my face again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom