Fj60 diesel conversion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And yes intercooled head!

Head is built and on the motor. Torqued down to spec and valve lash adjusted. Gonna finish the rest tomorrow and hopefully get it in it!

1416641347164.jpg

1416641365040.jpg

1416641374359.jpg

1416641383819.jpg

Daaaamn! Not too shabby if I do say so myself :D

1416715499464.jpg

1416715508292.jpg

1416715518973.jpg

1416715530028.jpg

1416715538561.jpg

It's going to be too pretty to wheel (and actually, I've done that... it took me too long to build a 54 Studebaker as a 4x4, so when it was done - I'd have been boony bashing irreplaceable steel)...
however, despite my detour, I must say that you do nice work
Sweet! I like old Studebaker's. And thank you! I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Here is where I am as of the last 5 minutes!

1416766920243.jpg

1416766942158.jpg

we do need to talk to you about how slowly you're working and how tardy you are with the pictures :beer:
I know I know haha sheesh I am trying here!

Up to this point. Gonna start pulling wires and battery trays ect ect

1416781599221.jpg

1416781609589.jpg

1416781618305.jpg

7 inch HIDs wired in. IPF harness and lights wired up. All the lights horn ect. Keyed power. Battery and tray in (only one side right now) boost hose hooked up. Pyro wire hooked up. Gonna get more done tomorrow

I like those lights. Thinking a set would look good on my '40 (not to mention being able to see at night would be good too)...
The arb LEDs are a lot nicer lights and brighter but once these ones warm up they are really bright I love these things! And not to mention a fraction of the price of the arbs. (Assuming we aren't talking about the normal lights haha)

I will never use another light that isn't LED. I have a 288w bar on my Hummer, and replaced the headlights with LEDs... thus, I'm kind of spoiled when it comes to night vision. With the '40 I'm building, I simply want to build it in better - the nice bit about the ARB (or its knockoffs) is they are easier to package on a narrow front end.

I like LEDs enough that I'm replacing the head lights on my 75 Corvette with LEDs... I plan on using the same light on the '40...

I will never use another light that isn't LED. I have a 288w bar on my Hummer, and replaced the headlights with LEDs... thus, I'm kind of spoiled when it comes to night vision. With the '40 I'm building, I simply want to build it in better - the nice bit about the ARB (or its knockoffs) is they are easier to package on a narrow front end.

I like LEDs enough that I'm replacing the head lights on my 75 Corvette with LEDs... I plan on using the same light on the '40...
I love LEDs they really are awesome lights. I spent my bucks on hid because the LED craze wasn't huge then so I really didn't know much about them. A good friend of mine has a 50 inch on the tower of his boat and we took it up to my families cabin and got there at night. Went to pull it across the beach ( of course the tractor doesn't have lights) so I had him flip that on and it flooded the whole beach. Very impressive and it was about the cheapest Chinese one there is

LEDs put out a lot of heat - but not from the light, from the controller. I learned the semi-hard way (it didn't cost me anything) that if you put the controller in the engine compartment, it will overheat then stop working... now, they're mounted to the side of the light housing - time will tell (no snow yet) if that is enough to keep the snow off.

Winch, starter and radio wired. And 2nd battery tray made and in.

1416890486384.jpg

I figured I would spare everyone from the wiring but I have been pulling wires lately, got a radiator and installed it and as of tonight I have my triple pod mounted and all mounted in. 5th gear but fix done on the nv4500 along with resealing done and fuel lines have been rerouted to the drivers side and all hooked up

1418352498676.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom