What did you put in your military trailer today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just put some more fire wood in the back. Never enough wood
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414773271.623857.jpg

While these pictures are from a couple of years ago this is what I do with my M101A1 and WWII MBT this time of year. Both get loaded with items I don't need over the winter at the cabin. Last Monday was the date this year. The MBT is kept in the garage all the time but the M101 only during the winter. My M416 was used this last week to haul a couple of set of vintage floor speakers along with only items to the cabin. Return trip I haul empty jerry cans. With the only gas station sixteen miles away and charging .50+ the current gas price when they have gas I haul my own. Next trip up besides the full jerry cans I will haul some cider block along with some 2"X8"s so I can haul the wheels off my FJ62 back to have the tires mounted on stock rims. Then back up next trip. The M416 is my road warrior and use it almost ever time when we travel between homes.

IMG_1242.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG

I drug home 2 tons of coal home today in my M1102 trailer. The combo cleared 11,000lbs on the scale! I actually pulls the load just fine, but a lot of second gear driving.

IMG_20141108_140408.jpg

IMG_20141108_140438.jpg

The trailer or the coal?

$160/ton. Lots of people in this part of PA use coal for home heat.

One of my 3Bs going for a rebuild.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416617826.329762.jpg

Simply hauled my newly acquired M101 CDN2 trailer home. 150 miles behind the 80 went quite smoothly. Now to start the list of what changes to make towards becoming an RTT platform. Likely to do some wood hauling shortly, once I air-down my tires to make it up onto the back-40.

28577-1416707765-619de65ce0a20edddc0cf30d2918f289.jpg

28578-1416707780-ff33d639ebc9e53aabb0a95547b72717.jpg

Pulled my m416 home the other day. It's a bit of a basket case. Well used with the dents to prove it and thick flaking paint. A second floor laid on top of the original which is bent up a bit. Supposedly made its way over to Japan from Korea after the Korean war.

I'd like to set it up for camping but don't want to have any permanent fixtures as it will be used for hauling firewood etc as well.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Pete

Nothing unusual for this thread but the first time to have a decent load (with a good assist from my lil sister):

image.jpg
image.jpg

Pete

Well, I put this in my trailer this weekend...not a traditional load, but definitely a useful and free improvement.

Decided with the six inches of rain we received this weekend that it was time to make a center-support for the factory cover. It was holding at least 10 gallons of water. Did not leak, but I do not want to put unnecessary wear and tear on the cover. Fashioned a simple two-by-four center support. Nothing fancy, but it will do the trick.

75" long, with 1.5" x 2" cuts on the lower side, and a 1" x 4" taper cut on the top. Have to love a nice sharp cross-cut saw. The pictures tell more than the words.

Before

full

The design-details

full

All buttoned up, and no pooling water

full

So instead of one 10 gallon puddle in the middle, you'll have two five gallon puddles on each side? Or is the pic deceiving?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom