winch bracket and front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to know what you guys think of winch bracket and bumper we made for GX your input is appreciated .thanks
CIMG0018.JPG
CIMG0018.JPG
CIMG0019.JPG
CIMG0018.JPG
CIMG0019.JPG

CIMG0021.JPG

CIMG0020.JPG

CIMG0174.JPG

I just cant get past anything that keeps the flares, but that is the best one I have seen yet. good work!

Thanks Dankuns .where i cut the bumper cover in half horizontally it had very thick flat plastic going cross the pumper which is very hard we welded 2 tab on top of the tubs on each side which is hidden which than by using 4 screws from bottom tabs to the plastic bumper which in result there is no vibration from bumper cover also by cutting the bumper cover in half we reduce the weight which was very light to begin with the factory screws at the and and the factory plastic tabs which slid under head light and at each end secure it very well

I like the overall design. I would have made the hoop a little lower though. I'm not a huge fan of the big hoops on front bumpers. Also, it seems like the area in front of the wheel is really open. Seems like if there was another plate there it would help protect it better. See my terrible MS Paint illustration:

GX BUMPER.JPG

Thanks Sam by the way your paint illustration is excellent i talk to guys see what we can come up with .as far as the height of hoop you are right it needs to be lower we will do that for production we also do not want it to be so heavy and also not hanging out too far (right now what you see winch cradle and front bumper is at 78 pound with 9000-12000 pound winch with a nylon cable at around 130 pounds).also I think end of tube on each side which also ( Dankunz mentioned )which is under bumper plastic cover need to be extended a little more but every body at the shop disagree with me their idea is that unfinished look at each end is making look tough .what are you thoughts on that ? thanks

1. Sam is right. Having a bolt on plate to cover that area is a good idea.
2. The tube should reach the end of the front fender with a tapered and capped cut to go with the body lines.

I like the look. One question though. Will that bottom tube be in the way of your winch cable?

It is clear unless we do down winch .we use heavy wall tube so even if the winch cable touch it is going to act like pulley Either was uneven looking of front bumper or sacrificing few scratches on lower bar in case of using the winch .please share if you have any idea about how we can shape that lower tube to improve the look and functionality .thank you

Just throw some nylon board material on it and call it a day, lower it 3/4 of an inch.

Very nice work! Agreed with the others on extending the tube to be flush with the fender, and the additional plate. Really like this. :)

IMO I would have raised the side tubes to match up with the center tube height, brought the side tubes out to the fenders as Dan suggested and then add that triangle piece. I applaud you on thinking out of the box though since there are so few bumper options for us GX guys

So I was looking at this more carefully:

1. Lower the bottom cross bar to the very bottom and tie into the vertical hoop. Will look cleaner (could even have it loop down vs. forward)
2. I can't tell, but it looks like the front skid is incorporated into the bumper. I would change this to allow the skid to come off (if that is the case).
3. Triangulate the wings with a bend and gusset behind with a single plate (or two) to cap it in front (possibly with LED mount points)

Dan the skid plate is part of the cradle FYI it was design that way so if some one just want the winch basket they can use it and cut their own factory bumper by using couple of home made brackets and install it .I post another picture of how that skid mount on the cradle

CIMG0015.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom