Leftovers and Soup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Albondigas...Thanks to Baggins and family for the idea.

Crazy fast tweek (should have started at halftime). Num.
101_1527.jpg

Kicked out a batch of White beans and smoked ham shanks. Killer eats.
Went over good as the weather is finally cooling off here in the central valley. We actually got some rain too.

Kicked out a batch of White beans and smoked ham shanks. Killer eats.
Went over good as the weather is finally cooling off here in the central valley. We actually got some rain too.

One of my favorite meals is ham and beans with a side of cornbread...

I had leftover curry squash soup tonight..

J

One of my favorite meals is ham and beans with a side of cornbread...

I had leftover curry squash soup tonight..

J

I've never really liked smoked or baked ham. And I like pretty much everything. Am I the only one?

I like pretty much everything else pork (no feet please).

TXLX100
The great thing about the ham shanks/hocks is that they are already smoked and when added to your soup/beans impart great flavor.
Not to mention that the meat from that part of the pig is/looks like dark meat, and I like it better than the white/pork chop meat. Gotta love a good piece of ham from the leg.

Leftover lobster for Christmas lunch..

I got the wife a New England hotdog bun pan .... So, she is making homemade hotdog buns and I made up the lobster salad.

Lobster, snow grilled/roasted red pepper, celery, celery, pepper, salt and paprika.

Merry Christmas All,

I'll add the final pic later.

J

P1000836.JPG
P1000831.JPG
View attachment 1009184
P1000833.JPG

Nom nom nom

J, looks devine!

So, I get a hanker'n for real French Onion soup about 2x per year or so. Over the years I can count one, yes just one, memorable/unforgettable French Onion soup I've eaten and that was at a long closed restaurant in Reno. I've made my own for more years than I can remember but none of my homemade versions ever made it to the short list of memorable tasty eats; until last week.

Enter Thomas Keller's French Onion soup recipe. Like everything I've made from Thomas Keller's creative and all things execution genius this onion soup easily hit the bullseye. Disclosure: I've eaten his French Onion soup at Keller's Bouchon Bistro in Yountville but for whatever reason it didn't taste like the results from his recipe for same.

Follow along here if you too have been generally unsatisfied with the run of the mill French Onion soup recipes:

http://www.imafoodblog.com/index.php/2009/11/01/r2r-thomas-keller-s-french-onion-soup

I had leftover onion jam from this recipe and used it as the base for a onion/roasted squash/sage/cheese pizza

French Onion Soup.jpg

Onion & Squash Pizza, 12-20-14.jpg

Last edited:
J, looks devine!

So, I get a hanker'n for real French Onion soup about 2x per year or so. Over the years I can count one, yes just one, memorable/unforgettable French Onion soup I've eaten and that was at a long closed restaurant in Reno. I've made my own for more years than I can remember but even mine never made it to the short list of memorable tasty eats; Until last week.

Enter Thomas Keller's French Onion soup recipe. Like everything I've made from Thomas Keller's creative and execution genius this onion soup easily hit the bullseye. Disclosure: I've eaten his French Onion soup at Keller's Bouchon Bistro in Yountville but for whatever reason it didn't taste like the results from his recipe

Follow along here if you too have been generally unsatisfied with the run of the mill French Onion soup recipes:

http://www.imafoodblog.com/index.php/2009/11/01/r2r-thomas-keller-s-french-onion-soup

I had leftover onion jam from this recipe and used it as the base for a onion/roasted squash/sage/cheese pizza

View attachment 1010592

View attachment 1010596

I was just saying to the wife that French onion soup sounded good the other day.. Need to coax her a little ....

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom