Equipt has a Globetrotter sale going! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bump - these are great prices!!!

$3,200 is a great price for a closeout tent? Holy shmoly...

If you consider that the retail price is north of $4200, yes. Quality tent.

Just thinking of ARB, Tepui, etc... You can get into the large ARB Simpson III with the annex for under $1900. I realize the Eezi-Awn is a bit larger in the width, but for around $2,000 you can get the big Tepui Gran Sabana with the annex, which is similar to the Eezi-Awn. Those are full retail prices. so for a difference of over $2,000 retail, I am wondering what justifies the added cost? Most of these tent designs are very similar anyway. I've never really scrutinized the Eezi-Awn up close, so I cannot compare from first hand experience, but my ARB is pretty damn nice and my friends who have Tepuis are pretty happy with their product.

If you look at the quality and types of materials used in the Eezi-Awns.... I think you would see the difference. Most folks using RTT tents rarely spend more than 10 nights a year in them. I think Paul May spent over 100.

What titanpat57 said. ARB's Simpson is a very good quality tent, but still nylon. Design is different as it's a rooftop and the Globetrotter is trailer top by design. Heavy duty canvas, interior canvas, mosquito netting, etc. I've seen both and admire both companies and the quality of both. I think the Globetrotter is worth it. Tepui is a knock off. Howling Moon is up there in price like the Globetrotter and it to uses heavy duty canvas. To each his own. So long as the owner is happy, that's what counts.

Okay...I'll take your word(s) for it. When I win the lotto, I'm gonna get me some of that sweet Eezi-Awn goodness; I will then be able to sleep in it all year with out needing a job. In the meantime, I'm taking my extra couple grand and buying a new range for the kitchen...:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom