Fj60 diesel conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see all the new heads are 7mm like you were just talking about. I had no idea that's why they were cracking. So the 7mm head will work on my motor I take it? Just need new injectors and possibly new lines?

New injectors yes, but not new injector lines. Everything else bolts up!

Yeah, get an intercooled head for sure. Sorry man, that's a disappointment. I hate setbacks like that.

New injectors yes, but not new injector lines. Everything else bolts up!
Did you have this problem with the 4bt johnny?? And its for the best anyways these injectors look like they are junk!

Yeah, get an intercooled head for sure. Sorry man, that's a disappointment. I hate setbacks like that.
It happens! This motor deal has been one big setback but once its done man will it purr. I need it done by February and I will see everyone at cruise moab!

Did you have this problem with the 4bt johnny?? And its for the best anyways these injectors look like they are junk!

Not yet!! *knock on wood*

Can I buy those injectors from you? Seriously, I need a set to rebuild, or have rebuilt, for my 4BT. That non-intercooled VE pumped 6BT should have the same pistons and injectors as my 4BT.

Not yet!! *knock on wood*

Can I buy those injectors from you? Seriously, I need a set to rebuild, or have rebuilt, for my 4BT. That non-intercooled VE pumped 6BT should have the same pistons and injectors as my 4BT.
You pay the shipping and I will send you the whole set of them!

So even though I don't have the fund for the head right this second doesn't mean I can't get the block all done and ready! I ended up pulling the whole timing cover assembly and replacing it with my other one being this one had a chunk missing out of it. So I got it all cleaned up and reseal and put back together plus the KDP fix taken care of.

1414734821559.jpg

1414734834179.jpg

1414734844221.jpg

1414734853789.jpg

On a side note this is the most ghetto tool I have ever built. it was for my rear main on my 7.3 and it has become the best tool ever. Knocked the front main on without any effort!

1414734978581.jpg

Awesome :D

Now, how are you going to verify IP timing with the timing cover on?
I marked the gear and put it back in the same spot. I figure if I don't mess with the gear too bad it won't skip a tooth :D

So I got the WHOLE bottom end reseal and fresh so I was excited enough to paint it tonight. And guess what. Its fxxxing orange! Here is the cap next to it and some other paint I had that I sprayed on the timing cover and that's the color I shot for in the beginning.. So tomorrow I am gonna track down red hopefully if not. Cummins beige or dark blue....

1414811272262.jpg

1414811308689.jpg

1414811331669.jpg

I'm on the fence now. I found a red and now I don't know if I will like it as much as beige. Put it to a vote?

Found some really nice red paint and I am really really stoked with how it turned out!

1414879157061.jpg

1414879174458.jpg

1414879183953.jpg

The middle comment about timing the gear location doesn't matter if it has a keyway. Is this true?

1414884896144.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom