Rear disc brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to swap to disc on my 40. Anyone know if Poser is still selling kits? Seems his are the best. Thx :)

Ditto; got a set-up from Steve this past Spring. Now, I just need to find the time to do the install.

Ok, glad to hear he's still doing them. I will drop him a pm.

What makes his kits the best? Going to do yhis conv

I haven't held them all side by side. The brackets are beefy though. He doesnt actually sell "kits" but he has all the pieces. You can choose what you want to get from him. I opted for the full package with tombstones and soft lines. I am very happy I went with his stuff.

I just installed my kit from Poser. Ordered a couple months ago. He has most of the key parts available, and I'm very happy with the results.

the one issue I had with the bracket design is the bolt holes to mount to the axle only allow for a limited number of mounting positions. I would have preferred to mount them above the axle, and toward the back, but his brackets didn't really allow for that position without flipping the bleeders. There may be a reason for this though. I wound up mounting them high, and forward facing. This allowed for easy hose routing, keeps the bleeders right-side up, and still keeps them high enough on the axle to be out of harm's way.

The brakes work great and the install looks really clean!

Rear discs and calipers installed.jpg

Final Line Routing.jpg

All discs installed.jpg

I'd definitely recommend installing longer wheel studs, and you won't have a lot of thread left with the addition of the rotor. I can look up the part number for the studs I used when I get home, but they were a Dorman part number.

Rick, nothing like being double spring loaded on your rear end, those shocks work about 90% in the wrong direction- - - oh well, to each his own.

Does he have a website? Also do you know if he offers a kit with an emergency brake option? Thank you

Another vote for @Poser. I installed his rear kit with rotors that we're machined to fit the 40 series rear axle. Just send him a PM, I don't think he has website and I don't think he offers anything for a rear axle E brake.

If I remember right to move them to the back swap the left and right. I saw a setup with one leading and one trailing just used the same caliperfor both sides.

I'm thinking of getting a single in and out adjustable prop valve for the rear tho. And I have the btb combo booster and master. Just a bit too much power back there. Great guy and vender also a treat to talk to so. Going to order this again soon for another 40 of mine

And I'm ready to order everything for all four corners. Hey Poser, where are you?

Rick, nothing like being double spring loaded on your rear end, those shocks work about 90% in the wrong direction- - - oh well, to each his own.

Couldn't agree more. They are totally counterproductive. But, they were free, and a lift will be going in right after your engine conversion parts. I'll pony up for bilsteins in the correct size when the time comes. Until then, I'll just have to absorb the wonderful double-sprung ride.

I'm thinking of getting a single in and out adjustable prop valve for the rear tho. And I have the btb combo booster and master. Just a bit too much power back there. Great guy and vender also a treat to talk to so. Going to order this again soon for another 40 of mine
Train master cylinder from a 85 supra.

Let's try this: @Poser ^^^ Folks want your brakes! ;)

He's a moderator here so it may be that he's out of town or something. As I said, I ordered a kit from him not too long ago so I'm sure he's still making them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom