Radiator Rash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing my oil pump seal today so I pulled the radiator fan and shroud. Looks like my fan made some contact with the radiator at some point. Pretty much stock but I do have a blue hub fan clutch with 15k fluid. Maybe the blades flex more due to higher speed? Any reason this might have happened or is it pretty much normal?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414807927.174133.jpg

Could be. Any way to check that?

Give them some coffee and see if they perk up

Hmm good point. There is some scuffing on the tips. I would say it probably happened at speed.

Come to think of it, my exhaust seems to really want to touch the driveline even with new exhaust mounts. I wonder if maybe bad motor mounts are the root of it. I'll see if I can get a good look at them tomorrow. I see an oil pan resealing/motor mount project shaping up...

My engine has been flexing long enough that the nearest belt pulley has been nipping away at an atf oil cooler line. Guess what finally happened on the way home the other day? Red fluid everywhere and more smoke than i have seen without flames at the other end. I have 144k on the engine. You should check your hoses down there at the bottom of the radiator as well. I will be putting engine mounts on my short list too.

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like worn out motor mounts are fairly common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom