Drop-in Box For A 4x6 Trailer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LFD2037

TEXAS LEXUS!
Threads
I have a nice little 4x6' utility trailer I never use. I was wondering if someone makes an ABS or fiberglass 'box' that'll drop in my trailer. I just want something sealed so I can store/transport all my camping equipt. behind my 80. It doesn't need to be slept in. Prefer no taller than 4'. Does anybody make something like this? Thanks.

That might work in transit but wouldn't hold up for storing my camping equipt. at home when not in use. I found a plastic drop in but they want $1,000+ shipping for a plain Jane box. Toooo much!

Build one out of 1/2" plywood, use screws and sealant, then paint it really well. Might cost you $100 and a weekend.
That's what I would do. It would be quite light weight too.

I found these boxes at Home Depot. They're 2' tall x 2' deep by 4' long. They are waterproof plastic molded job boxes. I think they'll work great for what I'm wanting!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417733461.210074.jpg
here's what I did,, T-1-11 1/2".. The tailgate slides up and out.. The custom made tarp was the most expensive part of the mod.... That's an old photo, I've since lifted the suspension over 3" and replaced those Moab rims with LX450 rims to match our new rig... BTW, 6 bolts hold all the sides...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom