Target carrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Other than working and welding one million little holes on the pig the only real progress I’ve made is mounting the visors.

I made some simple mounts so the visor mounts will sit flat against the headliner.

I was wondering how you were going to mount them. Problem solved! Cut the holes for your vents, too. Good Job.

There was a ton holes, in the back of mine. Rear speakers, curtains, not sure, but the guy went wild mounting stuff. Also, found some cracks in the body, around the door openings.

Also, found some cracks in the body, around the door openings.

Thanks Ron.

The cracks in my door openings still need attention just not enough free time in the day to fix everything that needs fixing. The more I look the more I find.

My OCD will not allow me to screw everything back together like Toyota had it with sheet metal screws going through single wall sheet metal and exposed to the elements on the back side.

I’m using closed end nutserts (top) for everything that gets exposed to the elements and open end (bottom) nutserts for all the interior screws.

The "curtains" comment made me laugh. Only because my mother made red plaid curtains for the rear of mine when I was a kid. They were one of the first things to go.
The nutserts are a great way to go. I did the same thing to mine and am quite pleased. Of course I had to find metric ones because I too am OCD.

JMack,

I use nutserts in a lot things, but never seen the enclosed ones. I'm always learning. How do you like the Marson tool? I've got a tool that uses two wrenches and is a pain sometimes.

JMack,

I use nutserts in a lot things, but never seen the enclosed ones. I'm always learning. How do you like the Marson tool? I've got a tool that uses two wrenches and is a pain sometimes.

Ron,
I have both styles of tool and the one pictured is way faster than the two wrench style but at the end of the day they do the same thing.

I’ve been working on body work and needed a break, so I decided to tackle the mirror mount. After I mounted my new visors I noticed that the factory mirror looked silly with its small size and visor hooks. I didn’t want to use a glue on mirror and needed something that would look like it belongs and after days of research I settled for a Mercedes mirror.

I’m using a Mercedes-Benz mirror from a W126, this mirror has the longer stem and matches the angle of the pig roof perfectly. A company called 2Phast makes a replacement Mercedes mirror (2M-7) with auto dimming, Homelink and an integrated compass and when all is said and done no wires show and it will look factory.

http://www.2phast.com/mirror/showcase.htm

I'll get pictures of the mirror mounted when I get a bit further.....

Last edited:
Continuing my hiatus from bodywork I worked on my dome light today.
I bought a dome light from a Maserati Gran Turismo and needed to convert it from computer controlled to standard switches and try to keep the comfort LED’s and the switch back lighting.

The factory tactical switches were momentary and would not handle the current of the lights anyway, the new switches are much larger and required a bit of modifying on the switch actuators as with the PC board.

I’ll encapsulate the wires once I get my mount figured out but everything works for now.

Sounds like there will be lots of fancy touches on this one! Looking forward to seeing more about the rearview mirror and dome light.

Thank you..

This will be a daily driver and hope to take it on long trips so some modern amenities are in the works.

The hardest part is trying to make them look like they belong, in other words trying to make a cup holder in a pig not look like a gold dollar in a goats ass is harder than it sounds.

Why did you choose a Maserati domelight? Over say a light that didn't require a ciucuit board?

Looks awesome, I'm just curious.

I wanted a dome light with map lights that looked factory so it wouldn’t draw too much attention, the problem I was running into is all the aftermarket dome lights looked terrible and all the modern factory lights are computer controlled so I just searched for something that looked like it would be easy to modify.

The Maserati light met most of my criteria and had some added bonuses like lighted switches and driver comfort lights.

I’m a glutton for punishment.

Other than those three reasons I probably would have been better off fixing the switch on my factory light.

Last edited:
Hey, my goats would look good with a gold dollar! :) Never heard that one before.

It's going to look nice when mounted. Keep up the good work.

The hardest part is trying to make them look like they belong, in other words trying to make a cup holder in a pig not look like a gold dollar in a goats ass is harder than it sounds.

Bahahahaha.

Impossible to put a cup holder in any Cruiser and it not stand out, as it is additional leg room.

Dunno why, but no threads from the Sty show in alerts....so have some catching up to do, but anxious to see how you fit the flux capacitor. :)

why did you choose a Maserati light? Over say a light that didn't require a ciucuit board?

Bahahahahaha.

You, sir, owe me a new iPhone cover.

That's the most I've laughed all day.....and, no offense Jim, not a line I'd ever thought that'd be read in the sty.

Never heard that one before.

Prolly have this one.

Another of my Dad's Delancy-isms, whether he coined or not, usually uttered anytime my brother and I tackled any project that turned sour.

"Son, don't know what you intended or expected, but that's the equivalent of shoving a lump 'o coal up a goat's arse and hoping for a diamond."

What a shame my kids are reared in his new, PC world, simply because they're gonna miss out on laughs many years from now, since spared redneck, philosophical, wit and witticisms now deemed to crude to utter.

Bahahahaha.

Impossible to put a cup holder in any Cruiser and it not stand out, as it is additional leg room.

If I find some time I'm going to try to make something like this and incorporate it into my dash :hillbilly:

Horizontal1.jpg

Horizontal2.jpg

Should keep me from spilling my beer when hitting the speed bumps in the mall parking lot....

If I find some time I'm going to try to make something like this and incorporate it into my dash :hillbilly:

Horizontal1.jpg

Horizontal2.jpg

Should keep me from spilling my beer when hitting the speed bumps in the mall parking lot....

I'm just going to give you a heads up now. Dont make this unless you plan on making enough to share ;)

I'm just going to give you a heads up now. Dont make this unless you plan on making enough to share ;)

I'll let you know if I find time to pursue this.

I might just take the easy road and buy Saab 9-5 cup holders and call it a day.

In my opinion, it ain't gonna matter how well they match in mine, because my testes are allergic to hot coffee, as noted on a recent MT excursion, cupholder-less......

Hey, Danica Patrick won't drive her Lambo for the same reason....well, sort of the same reason.

That's pretty cool holder...

If one were a thinking man, could probably design to almost a surface mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom