What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So just an idea of how dirty my "new" car was. i bought my 2014 on october 9th, and i'm not sure how long the dealer had it but nonetheless it was new and had 8 miles on it but here'a shot of the claybar after doing the the drivers' side front fender.
IMG_1637_zps98b9eba6.jpg

a shot of the fender after the polishing and one coat of sealant, yes that is black paint
IMG_1635_zps1ec97a4b.jpg

Very nice. And thanks for all that info!

So just an idea of how dirty my "new" car was. i bought my 2014 on october 9th, and i'm not sure how long the dealer had it but nonetheless it was new and had 8 miles on it but here'a shot of the claybar after doing the the drivers' side front fender.
IMG_1637_zps98b9eba6.jpg

a shot of the fender after the polishing and one coat of sealant, yes that is black paint
IMG_1635_zps1ec97a4b.jpg
Please post up a shot of the whole cruiser it must look damn good after all that. I think my 200 reached the point where it needs a complete re-spray :hillbilly:

I think I am in the same boat on ICON. I have to wait my warranty to expire than I am improving the suspension on this heavy LC. Will either go ICON all the way or ARB remotes.

MetalTech always offers ICON discounts around black Friday. Lets hope they do so again this year.

just got some HD recovery points from bjowett. these things are BEEFY! pictures don't do them justice about twice as heavy as the stock points. bar stock is 50% thicker as well.
IMG_1655_zpsa8203a11.jpg

IMG_1656_zps3f4cb4c8.jpg

IMG_1658_zps1156da56.jpg

just got some HD recovery points from bjowett. these things are BEEFY! pictures don't do them justice about twice as heavy as the stock points. bar stock is 50% thicker as well.
IMG_1655_zpsa8203a11.jpg

IMG_1656_zps3f4cb4c8.jpg

IMG_1658_zps1156da56.jpg
those look great, how do we order them? How much? bjowett do you have a website???

there actually the same as the ones that are stock on the tundra, they run i think 140ish per. brian has bunch of take offs for sale. he also has a brake upgrade package, very responsive and knowledgable. he has a 2piece rotor package coming out. again i believe it is the same setup a tundra runs as the tundra has 354mm rotors and much better cooling compared to the 340 on the stock lc200
http://jowett-performance.myshopify.com/

I suspect it may have to do with the 17" wheel fitment that most Land Cruisers in the rest of the world use. Additionally, the tow capacity on the Tundra is roughly 2000 lbs higher, at 10,000.

Should have the biggest brakes on the LC 200, it costs $30k+ more then a Tundra. I would love to see all the spec' comparing the frames and suspension between the 200 and the Tundra?

the brakes on my Tundra did seem a notch better from my experience... but overall the Cruiser does driver nicer!!! Guess I'll just have to do the upgrade that Toyota did not do myself when my brakes wear out...

Last edited:
Bigger brake rotors = more unsprung weight. There is always a design trade off. The right stuff for the intended use.

Ever hear the Car Talk discussion about a guy they called 'Heavy Duty'? Hilarious but right on the mark.

I did the side view mirror TSB repair, sort of. Realized the difference between the old screws and the revised screws is only a lock washer. After putting my reading glasses on and looking at things, I didn't have the right tools to take all the screws out in the amount of time I had to fool with it, so I back out and replaced one and tightened the other two.

Putting the plastic trim piece back on was a puzzle in and of itself.

Damn thing doesn't shake any longer though. I'll revisit and repair properly when they start to shake again.

The shaking...Is it a visual thing, or are they rattling and you can hear them?

I have a very faint rattling noise on the front passenger's side that only occurs at high speeds. For the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I thought it was coming from the windshield trim, so I glued it down with some black RTV, but it is still persisting!

I have a very faint rattling noise on the front passenger's side that only occurs at high speeds. For the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I thought it was coming from the windshield trim, so I glued it down with some black RTV, but it is still persisting!
If it's from the dash could be the tweeters. Or you could check the ac filter + cover or something in the glovebox

Both audio and visual.

Mine, prior to this weekends work, had enough play in them you could move them around by hand.

If it's from the dash could be the tweeters. Or you could check the ac filter + cover or something in the glovebox

Are you talking about the speakers? It's not that--it only occurs at high speeds (it appears to be wind related).

The side view makes more of a bumping/knocking sound than a squeaking/rattle sound.

Turn your tweeters up and you'll never notice....

dukmon, do you have a copy of the FSB on the mirror fix?

Are you talking about the speakers? It's not that--it only occurs at high speeds (it appears to be wind related).
Yea i had some debris there that made a buzzing sound. The speaker cover is huge (on top of dash) but the basic audio setup just had a tiny tweeter under there.

dukmon, do you have a copy of the FSB on the mirror fix?

Nope. I found out about it in one of the threads on this very site. Sorry I cannot recall where. The repair kits were maybe $10 per mirror. When I brought it up to the Toyota parts person they found what I was talking about pretty quickly, though he had never heard of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom