FJ55 Shock Lengths (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered some cheap monroes? for my 55. from Amazon. I posted the info somewhere here. They were for the stock appication, but I've since added 1.5 in lift via shackles and they still work great. I'm not jumping mine though. If you just need to get it on the road, might be a good way to go, I think they were less than $20 a piece. But I don't know the compressed/extended measurements.

Might be an option....

I don't have enough info to even give, since not using a known lift (leaf) and too much ambiguity as to what height a "lifted" Pig is from.

If I had a length at ride height, I'd go 4&4, call it a day, but it'll be a bit before on all fours and some time before engine weight is back on it.

Having never dealt with leaf springs, it's hard to fathom that a leaf lifting 2.5" would require the same extended length as OE, but guess lift comes in only the sprung leaf, itself.

If any help is needed, I'm offering.

Appreciate.

Dunno what it'd be, unless you're a unicorn herder and have elves as ranch hands.....nothing else is working to bring any cheer.

Finally got her off the couch and out of house, but begrudgingly. Guess I'll celebrate the small victory and turn a blind eye to the bigger picture.

I ordered some cheap monroes? for my 55. from Amazon. I posted the info somewhere here. They were for the stock appication, but I've since added 1.5 in lift via shackles and they still work great. I'm not jumping mine though. If you just need to get it on the road, might be a good way to go, I think they were less than $20 a piece. But I don't know the compressed/extended measurements.

Those we have the dimensions for, but it was pointed out that they're 2" shorter than the OE dimensions provided in FSM, so discounted as building similarly.

Is my thinking that extended shock lengths of lifted very well may be the same as OEs, with "lift" coming from the sprung leaf, not the leaf being arched enough to increase the dropped dimension sound right?

If I had a length at ride height, I'd go 4&4, call it a day, but it'll be a bit before on all fours and some time before engine weight is back on it.

Having never dealt with leaf springs, it's hard to fathom that a leaf lifting 2.5" would require the same extended length as OE, but guess lift comes in only the sprung leaf, itself.

When I called I also had very little knowledge about what I wanted/needed but Kurt seem to have experience with several combinations and was able to guess right on his first try. Might not hurt to give him a call, and pick his brain.

Appreciate.

Dunno what it'd be, unless you're a unicorn herder and have elves as ranch hands.....nothing else is working to bring any cheer.

Finally got her off the couch and out of house, but begrudgingly. Guess I'll celebrate the small victory and turn a blind eye to the bigger picture.

My Unicorn went missing last Fall but I do have some midgets I could send!

Major topic drift ahead...

Not even close to this one.....please don't quote and I'll delete later.

Had to unload and as good a place as any....

Within the first few hours of checking into the hospital, within initial week of diagnosis and day of PET scan, a parade of various support staff began cycling through the room, all presenting various services or programs to help the patients and families further educate or cope.

Considering the attitude of everyone on the floor, especially one young lady, who's purpose was to inform and engage the patients, I have no doubt there are angels, an army in her case, that stand guard and fight off every bad thought or emotion, since her heart was ten times the size of most, incredible being immersed in the arena of suffering she was.

Anyhow, she presented form after form, package after package of info and programs, one of which was for "Make a Wish" foundation, stating kids make their wish and volunteers make it happen.

I saw my daughter's eyes light up, so quickly explained that the program didn't apply to her, for the young lady to contradict "of course it does. It's apply-able (being key. ;) ) from any kid who is fighting."

I didn't further until a few days later, when my daughter was discussing the form, myself trying to explain that it'd be best to wish for someone else to take her wish, since her condition was beatable....other's weren't, adding that, once she kicked it's ass, it'd be my pleasure to fulfill her request.

Last I thought about it, but she submitted the form within a few days of, and has been thinking about every since.

Being fourteen, having done without nothing within reason, her entire life and being told that all kid's are appIy-able (again, key) wish I had been more forceful denying her submittal, now frustrated that it was even presented, at all, since the adults are all aware of whom it caters to, and not intended for kids with her diagnoses, since she's the "cancer you'd pick if you could choose".

Unbeknownst to us, she emailed asking about, as instructed in an email she received from the foundation to do, wherein they reiterated that her condition wasn't life threatening, therefore no application should've been submitted.

Regardless the wish, the severity of her malady, the fact that we all knew that she wasn't eligible, being financially doable for us (has been a topic for many years), the reply crushed her.... It wasn't the right week for it.

She won't discuss with me, I don't press, but had expressed discontent about to my wife, and it seemed to further the depths of mini depression, her saying something along the lines of "they said this would be a blip, said it'd be forgotten, said this is the one you want, said to make a wish..... none of it was right.."

While she is spoiled, she's intelligent, so I don't know what she was thinking on the wish coming to fruition, but I'd give a year off my life to have known she was sending an email asking about, so I could somehow anonymously grant the wish, since so much seemed to be hanging on it at that moment in time, even though I know that it isn't the right thing to do....

Doesn't matter now that, if we said we we're going to do it, because it's not the actual wish, but something deeper we can't put our fingers on.

Sick about, because it's the ONE damn thing I could've done to potentially have changed her demeanor, and worth it, if only for a moment even.

I've always been one that learned the most about myself, when enduring life lessons, therefore have always thought the kids should learn a little bit (not like I did) similarly.

This is not the life lesson I would have ever imagined for her and sure as hell not one I needed.

I'm done.

at 14? you sir have done well. ;) I'd like to think my kids are still the children they ought to be; at least I know they are not 8 and 12 going on 14 and 19; they are 8 and 12 going on 9 and 13....make it happen.

I can't explain it. Think the popularity of the latest Disbeu movie, Frozen, may have some bearing, but an atypical teenager, anyway.

Shy, introverted, and "behind" others of the same age, all which suits me fine.

I was advanced at fourteen, which wasn't a good thing and thankful they're not.

1/2" difference...add a leveler plate between the spring and pad on the DS rear spring, then get some shocks that'll give you some room to breath- obviously, you'll need longer than stock as far as extension goes.

far as the kids go, I'd rather not have common children...altho, some compliance from time to time would be a welcome thing. they are gunna be bummed tonite; going to rain forcing us to change our routine for the first time in their lives...poor things.

Disney World..... No clue why....

I'll tell you this, my wife has no clue why I like old, dirty, smelly, slow Land Cruisers. But she knows they make me happy. I think she figures it is better than if I liked drinking, playing cards and associating with loose womens.

Anything I can do to help make Disney World happen? Let me know man.

Shocks ordered.

Little doubt it'll be as close as possible to the "ride like a Caddy" directive.....but better be....

Another shocker, today.

Talked to mom and pop one bought tires from for many years about (5) for FJC.

35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s are $492 each, double what I paid for what I'm replacing.

Good tires, as these have 80k on, but can't go broke supporting local...

Everything is $$$$$$$.

I'd rather not have common children...

I was uncommon...VERY glad my teen isn't like me.

Been unseasonably warm here, hitting 90, maintaining upper 80s through Wednesday.

Today high of 52, tonight a hard freeze.....

At least the chocolate won't melt.

I think she figures it is better than if I liked drinking, playing cards and associating with loose womens.

She might change her tune if she knew what you REALLY spent on Cruisers.... Hahaha.

Anything I can do to help make Disney World happen? Let me know man.

A script of Valium, about all I can think of....

Appreciate the sentiment.

Well within reach if which she's aware. Something about the whole thing that has her down....back on the couch again today, claiming to not feel well.

I'm not question if she does or does not feel ill, but concerned that her mood may have something more to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom