Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cheers mate. I am just glad it is starting to take shape. Damn hard vehicle to coordinate mods with. Not much suits it and or dimensions are all over the place. It's a bit of a "mongrel" as far as Toyota designed vehicles are concerned.

Well, if it is any consolation to you, I am jealous of you guys in the USA and Canada who get the GMC 2500HD, DOdge RAM and F250 and above. I would love a rig like that and would totally satisfy all my needs in the one vehicle.

Well, the F250 powersmoke does have its uses. I love mine. Towing, hauling but as a DD? Big, harsh ride, pass

I assumed the vents were air intake for airbox, if snorkels were not used, and depending what side they were, was due to donk being petrol or diesel?. Learnt something new today!,

its also to do with cooling for the battery when it is charging so that it doesnt boil over and corrode the inner guard like mine did :crybaby:

this is my mid wheel base. currently fixing up an ever increasing list of problems i seem to find as i fix one. bought it for $2000 in good condition. that was until i started more thoroughly inspecting it. it had not been looked after as it entered its later stages of life. and so it begins....
left guard off.jpg
start.jpg

86 FJ 73, 2 inch lift, 32's on 15x7's Ancient recycled bull bar, side steps and a snorkel are in the shed awaiting installation this weekend, along with K&N air filter, and Pertronix ignition. Seats are out of another landcruiser but i have no idea which, must be 60 or 80 series?? I am currently removing the sun baked on graphics to repaint the thing. Just replaced clutch slave cylinder and while i was bleeding it i thought hey why not bleed the brakes too??? Glad i did, as I found out the front left caliper was inop! I will also be swapping out the left(passenger side) floor pan as it has more drain holes than it should. I will also be adding relays to give the headlights some more juice. Full weekend ahead! Lucky i have 3 days off this time. Will

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2713.JPG

Did some small four-wheelin today here in Exmouth.....That's a RC4WD trail finder 2 with lots of add on goodies. You don't have to go big or go fast to have alot of fun! For those unaware, the trail finder 2 is all metal! The frame, the diffs, the wheels all of it! Look at those lug nuts! So much fun leaving tracks in virgin sands. I just need to make a mini version of me to go in the cab! Will
DSC_0398.JPG

Haha. Yeah, I used to love RC. Had a HPI SavageXL, a MGT8.0 and an Axial Honcho. Lots of fun but no time no more. My property and Cruiser take up any "spare time" I have.

I hear Exmouth is very nice place to live. Sure like the red sand. Not common around here in FNQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom