Hi-Lift Jack Mounting Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I recently picked up a 48" Hi-Lift Jack and I was looking for options on mounting it to my Yakima Loadwarrior cargo rack. I have heard mixed reviews about the Loadwarrior rack mount Hi-Lift offers and I was wondering if there were any other alternatives? Is it worth it to pay a local welder to weld brackets directly onto the rack rather than spend that $90+ on hardware? Feel free to post a pic showing how you have your jack mounted!

If you use Yakima wraparound mounts you can use just about any hi lift mount with some imagination. Mounted mine on the ends of the Yakima bars outside of the rack.

1412030098950.jpg

If you use Yakima wraparound mounts you can use just about any hi lift mount with some imagination. Mounted mine on the ends of the Yakima bars outside of the rack.

Sounds like what I did. I just have the post (long story), but I suspect it would also fit with the jack head fat side up. Ya, with a little thought you should be able to figure something out.
IMGP0027.JPG
IMGP0029.JPG

Hi all,

If you actually plan on using the jack, then be sure carry a can of lube spray (PB Blaster, etc.) in the rig to dose the HiLift's mechanism before use.

Carrying the HiLift outside the vehicle exposes it to the elements, resulting in a dirty, dusty, rusty jack that doesn't want to work smoothly when needed.
I carry a 48 inch HiLift jack inside of my FJ40 in a home-made protection case to keep it clean.

Regards,

Alan

Alan,

How do you have it stowed and secured? I'm always looking for a new or better way. Thanks!

Try ARB or Kaymar. Mine are mounted to the roof rack it holds both the high lift and the shovel. It is true that bugs dust and dirt can get into the mechanism of the jack. If I a, expecting dust, dirt and mud, I simply wrap the mech in Glad Wrap.
Not sure if its called the same thing in the U.S. but Glad Wrap is the clear plastic stuff on a roll that you wrap around your sandwiches.

DSCN1029_zps8be6a315.jpg

I also added on the Highlift jack and shovel holder to the rack.
DSCN1047_zps2e6d3fdf.jpg

Since I've mounted mine of the front of the ARB a lot less people pull out in front of me now.

Hi all,

Sorry StaleAle, nothing too exciting. I have the HiLift jammed between the front seats and a hard mounted storage box right behind the seats. It can move a around a little, but not get away. ;)

Regards,

Alan

Alan,

How do you have it stowed and secured? I'm always looking for a new or better way. Thanks!

Hi all,

muzza01, great idea using plastic cling wrap!

Regards,

Alan

It is true that bugs dust and dirt can get into the mechanism of the jack. If I a, expecting dust, dirt and mud, I simply wrap the mech in Glad Wrap.
Not sure if its called the same thing in the U.S. but Glad Wrap is the clear plastic stuff on a roll that you wrap around your sandwiches.

DSCN1029_zps8be6a315.jpg

I also added on the Highlift jack and shovel holder to the rack.
DSCN1047_zps2e6d3fdf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom