Ty's FJ62 SOA build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been messing with the light bar mounts and decided to scrap them. Im going start from scratch and make them flow a little better. This shouldnt be too hard... also gives me an excuse to use the cnc plasma table at the school shop. Pics soon

Last edited:
no updates on the cruiser yet but i was able to take it out and have a little fun
IMG_9055.JPG

IMG_9057.JPG

IMG_9069.JPG

IMG_9070.JPG

Well, the water pump finally died on me.. it was leaking a little and then just let loose. Pump already arrived.. everything is taken apart and ready to be installed. I painted the pulleys and cover. I like to replace everything cleaner than before.

1415582211047.jpg

1415582228797.jpg

1415582246084.jpg

Well, the water pump finally died on me.. it was leaking a little and then just let loose. Pump already arrived.. everything is taken apart and ready to be installed. I painted the pulleys and cover. I like to replace everything cleaner than before.
Lovin' the rig, tyman. Gotta quick question tho, on the 62 is it possible to replace the water pump without removing the timing cover?

Thanks man!
Yes. I had a leak so i bought a new gasket and painted the cover and pulleys to look nice
Alright. Thought so...I know it is possible to replace the WP on the 60 without having to remove the timing cover...but just wanted to confirm since I saw that you had it off in those pictures above...
Cheers!

The water pump and motor mounts are in. My boss said he should have mostly everything wrapped up for me after school tomorrow. He is a huge help! Should be able to get the cold air intake on after school.

Crappy pic of the water pump in
1415929283467.jpg

I also scored a sweet cargo organizer. My plan is to build drawers for underneath and paint it. I was also thinking of adding some heavy-duty rubber to the top with some strap down points

I would also like to start building a camping trailer out of my old military trailer thats sitting around. Needs a new axle and some things re welded. Pintle hitch, new wiring, tailgate...also thinking about making a rack for the RTT, but still allowing room to fit a dirtbike or other things underneath. More to come

is that thing gonna swing down or out sideways?

Go the cargo organizer painted and installed. I will be making a drawer for the center, and maybe slide out shelves on the sides so i can mount the ammo cans to them. Then i will put rubber over the top and add strap down points.
1416781693256.jpg

1416781709009.jpg

1416781726171.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom