200 not starting on first try (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Was hoping you could provide some insights on an issue we're having with our 2009 LC. This morning my wife called and said the car wasn't starting the first time she hit the push button start. It's been consistently taking 2-3 pushes every time.

Full disclosure... We've not checked the battery yet (although would that really be the issue if it does eventually start?). I did a quick search on Mud but didn't see any threads. Definitely could've missed it if there is one though.

Bigger issue than normally as we were headed South for the month of November. Leaving Saturday morning and not exactly thrilled with the notion of driving 700 miles like this.

Any ideas?

Eric

If you're still on the original battery, your guess is probably correct. If other symptoms support a weak battery, or it tests weak, then you still have time to get a new battery before your trip.

HTH

Does the light on the push button go to green, or stay orange, or not light at all?

Thanks guys!

The light is mainly green but does go orange for a quick second while it sputters. It is the original battery so hoping its that (97k miles).

Check the battery. The push button was also superseded around this time, but I don't have an exact date. Lexus superseded theirs on 11/2008, but they have a different part number. If it more than a battery, you can probably get Toyota to take care of this... they should take any issue with push button start very seriously due to the unintended acceleration issues.

Check the battery. The push button was also superseded around this time, but I don't have an exact date. Lexus superseded theirs on 11/2008, but they have a different part number. If it more than a battery, you can probably get Toyota to take care of this... they should take any issue with push button start very seriously due to the unintended acceleration issues.

Update..... It was definitely the battery. Took it to Advanced Auto and the battery was too low to register on their battery test. Swapped it out for a new one and was good to go. Drove 700 miles today without incident amidst snow and rain (from PA to SC). Bought the car with 57k and have put an additional 40 on. Just a set of tires and this $130 battery in nearly 2 years of ownership.

@bjowett - thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom