GX460 vs. lc200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree, but sadly here in Jackson, MS the GX's and 200's are almost always exclusively driven by Cute-Little-East-Jackson-Junior-League-Little-Miss-Pretty-Thangs. And there are a TON of 200's in Jackson. Go figure.

Be-a-Man-Do-the-Right-Thing.jpg

God bless em'........ and their daddy who bought their booger eater haulers.

Sundresses make the world go round...

Sadly 95% of the Land Cruisers and 99% of LX570s I see here in NY and CT are driven by women. Land Cruiser 200s are super rare in NY. I see perhaps one a month. There are still loads of 100s on the road.

Sadly 95% of the Land Cruisers and 99% of LX570s I see here in NY and CT are driven by women. Land Cruiser 200s are super rare in NY. I see perhaps one a month. There are still loads of 100s on the road.

I hear you about the 100's. Just can't wear them out and they are way better looking then the 200's. But one day I'm thinking when I get to around 200k miles, I will sell the 100 and buy a 200. It might be earlier if they start making the 200's into CUV's. Would have to quickly get one of the last beasts before they turn everything into P-mobiles.

I own a 100 and a GX460 and love them both for what they are. I have test driven the 200 and love the 5.7. There is no comparison in the motors. There were 3 reasons I went with the GX back in 2010. 1. Price. 2. Fold flat 3rd row that are more comfortable. 3. Cooled front seats. Those are just my reasons and to some they might seem dumb but I have enjoyed the heck out of the GX. As of 2013 you can get cooled seats in the 200. If you plan on building the truck up I would recommend the 200. You can't go wrong with either one. I am sure there will be a 200 in my garage one day.... Holding out for fold flat 3rd row and a diesel. (One can dream)

200's over here in Washington State are super rare also, I see about one a month also... So rare I'm shocked when I see another one...

I see 3-5 a day. Mostly LXs though.

I see 3-5 a day. Mostly LXs though.
I see tons of GX's and LX's here, just not many 200's... I like owning a rig that is so rare....

Lot's of Gucci LX's here in Greenville but only a few 200's here and there.

All the new money yanquies here (arriving in droves) seem to prefer Cadillac Escalades.

Pretty common in CO. I see one almost every day especially in Fort Collins. Yesterday saw a complete slee'd one, nice soccer mom driving. Arb front and rear bumper, Slee steps, 3"lift, TRD wheels, blacked out and Yakima rack. Looked sweet but tires looked small. 285-70/17.

I have been looking into the 200 and have also compared it to the GX. The main reason I am looking exclusively at the 200 is the towing capability. I thought of getting a 4-door Tundra too, but then I sat in a 200. That ended that thought! My 100 tows our trailer ok, but here in Idaho you hit 6 - 7% grades every time you haul the trailer out for camping! I like the fold flat 3rd row of the GX, but given that it has the same towing capability as my 100, I would be better off keeping the 100 and not buying a new truck than buying the GX.

Oh, and I won't be selling the 100. If anything, it will be what my daughters drive.

When I bought my 200, I drove a few GX460s and made the obvious decision. My biggest gripe about the GX460 was the (IMHO) serious power deficit. It wasn't quite as gutless as the 4Runners with the 4.0 but was certainly close.

In one way I'm like Jeremy Clarkson. POWAAAAHHHH!

I hear you about the 100's. Just can't wear them out and they are way better looking then the 200's. But one day I'm thinking when I get to around 200k miles, I will sell the 100 and buy a 200. It might be earlier if they start making the 200's into CUV's. Would have to quickly get one of the last beasts before they turn everything into P-mobiles.

I really agree that the 100s look better than the 200s -- the 100s look like large Subaru foresters / large station wagons --

-- the new 200s look like real land cruisers -- the post 2013 ones --

-- the 2008 - 2011 well, they're why i waited.

I really disagree that the 100s look better than the 200s -- the 100s look like large Subaru foresters / large station wagons -- plus, their headlamps are really dated looking.

-- the new 200s look like real land cruisers -- the post 2013 ones --

-- the 2008 - 2011 well, they're why i waited.

** corrected** -- why we can't edit posts here, i'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom